Cookie run wiki
2021.01.20 12:47 AppleOfDestruction CookieRunKingdoms
The subreddit about the one and only, Cookie run Kingdoms by Devsisters!
2014.03.09 17:30 geewhizard Cookie Run - The Sweetest Endless Runner!
How far can you run? - Welcome to the fan-run subreddit for the Cookie Run games made by Devsisters!
2021.08.02 17:04 VictoriaRedwings CookieRunOCs
Where you can post a bunch of your OCs without spamming cookierun!
2023.06.01 06:45 RetroDECK_Official RetroDECK - Status Update 2023-06
| || | submitted by RetroDECK_Official to RetroDeck [link] [comments]
We in the team thought we could give you a quick status update on how development is going. Status update 2023-06:
With 0.7b and summer just around the corner we in the team thought this month we should focus more on a mix of topics.
Read First – Important Changes in 0.7b!
- PCSX2-SA latest updates are not compatible with old save states. Please make sure you do an in-game save to your virtual memory card before upgrading.
- The following emulators have changed as the defaults and now run the stand-alone version: Dolphin, Citra, PPSSPP.If you have saves states or just want to go back to the RetroArch versions, you can always switch back by pressing: Other Settings – Alternative Emulators in the main interface and set them there.
- If you decide to install the new RetroDECK Controller Layout for the Steam Deck, it will wipe your custom configurations and emulator settings. That’s because all the configs need to be updated and changed to be compatible. The choice is yours (you can always install it later via the Configurator if you change your mind).
What are the upsides of RetroDECKs all-in-one approach?
Quite many actually!
- RetroDECK is updated via standard secure update channels where you update all your other software (we will have an internal updater added in RetroDECK in 0.7b, so users don’t even need to go to the Discover app to update if they don’t want to).
- It allows us to apply the RetroDECK Framework on the bundled software and apply custom made specific patches for emulators or ES-DE (more on that later).
- We can optimize the data to take as little space as we possibly could. Our whole application in 0.7b is around 3GB. Since we are using a single package, we can avoid a lot (but not all) of the overlap that takes up space when installing multiple AppImages or Flatpacks.
- We can expose various hidden/hard to find emulation features and allow the users to customize various experiences directly inside the application itself without needing to go into the Steam Deck’s desktop environment.
- We are leveraging the power of compiling these emulators ourselves (where possible) to make a more complete unified experience a reality with custom patches.
What are the downsides of this approach?
- You are bound to the software we ship inside our application and cannot add more things. But we are always open to suggestions on what to add next, just tell us on Github or Discord.
- That said we are experimenting with allowing users to import certain emulators early access versions like Yuzu (but no solution in the short term).
- Emulator updates need to be in point releases and not daily, since we can’t update emulators inside an existing flatpak. As we apply the RetroDECK Framework on top of the emulators, we sometimes need to do some tinkering before we can release a new version. But you can expect semi-frequent emulator-update point releases, historically we have been fast if we feel the need to get something out quickly. Major new updates that add features to the RetroDECK application itself will take more time.
- There has been some issues with Yuzu in the past, but we have redone our entire Yuzu pipeline for 0.7b s it should allow for faster updates.
What is RetroDECK's vision and design philosophy?
- Valve endorsed the use of flatpaks as their preferred and safe way to distribute software on SteamOS’s immutable system. Many other immutable systems like Fedora Silverblue/Kionite and standard Linux distributions have also endorsed flatpaks. We also share the vision that flatpaks are the future for the Linux desktop and Linux based devices.
- Everything must be accessible from inside the application itself where possible. Once you launch RetroDECK, you should have all the tools you need to play games and configure the application. For the Steam Deck that means minimizing switching to desktop mode.
- We need to build a foundation that pushes emulation forward and expose more of the niche hardcore features in an easier way.
- We shall not be so bound by design choices that others have made but make our own path.
- We should ship the emulators with optimized settings for Steam Deck (later other devices) but also allow the users full control to create their own configs and make it easy to do so.
- We should do our best to respect user-made config changes where possible, even during the updates. Any forced changes should always be explained and give the users a prompt to accept them.
- We believe in a transparent open community: Dialog , user feedback and testing development versions will never be locked behind paywalls or subscription tiers . This comes from deep rooted beliefs in open-source freedom. Subscriptions and donations will always only grant cosmetics like a unique discord color.
- We want to make the emulation available for everyone; from the casual to the power user. Keep it simple, everything in one application and download it like any other software. Only one thing to update.
- Prioritize security and keep everything contained as much as possible.
How does this vision effect design?
A good example is the new exposure of mods and texture_packs under the retrodeck folder.
Before it was quite hard for users to add mods and texture packs into the emulators. No work for any other solution (that we are aware off) has been done to make this very hardcore thing more easy to handle.
For the user it means no more looking into hidden folders of when and where to put the files. Our new approach also has received the blessing of famous texture packs and mod pack creators out there that were happy that someone lowered the barrier.
So if you found it hard before to add:
- A magnificent texture pack for Citra
- A spooky HD pack for the Mesen Core
- New 3D polygon racing models for Mupen64Plus-Next Core
Just look our wiki under mods/texture packs and look forward to 0.7b. https://github.com/XargonWan/RetroDECK/wiki
Another example is (as others have done) move gamelists to under the retrodeck folder. This is a safer way of doing it and it's easier for the users to take backups.
What to expect in the future?
You can expect most of the standard stuff like that you can except from an emulation solution in the future:
- USB and FTP file transfer
- External controller management
- Lightgun support
- Most of the supported ES-DE emulators
- Automatic Updates from Gamemode on Launch (0.7b it can be disabled in the Configurator)
- And more...
What is the RetroDECK Framework?
This is the feature we have been building on since the beginning and the true hidden core of RetroDECK that we are unveiling for the first time today. It’s the foundation we have built over many months of hard work and will keep expanding on in every upcoming update.
The RetroDECK framework is a complete system that applies and adds features, fixes, structure and functions to all applications/data shipped within RetroDECK.
This is also one of the reasons we needed to restructure save file folders in the past updates as well.
What does the RetroDECK Framework allow you to do?
It allows us to ship deeper choices, customization, apply settings globally, create custom patches or functions and expose hidden settings to the front.
But what truly excites us in the team is the more advanced big features that we have not seen anyone else do on SteamOS or other operative systems.
Some light examples in 0.7b of the framework is:
- Move everything everywhere.
Please be careful when moving data to exotic locations don't be like Mr.Angry:
Thank you Mr.Angry for your input!
- Log in/logout/hardcore mode for RetroAchivements hardcore mode for all supported emulators.
- Apply Borders, Shaders and Widescreen mode per emulator / core or globally.
RetroDECK will offer full user choice and not a blanket all or nothing. You could have widescreen on one core while the others have borders. What are some advanced big examples that you could do with the Framework?
Here is one example:
Think about configurations for emulators. How most other solutions are handling changes or updates is just a blanket call all-or-nothing. Either you accept the changes and remove everything you have done or keep your changes without getting the updates.
What we are building with the framework is a system to inject point changes into configurations.
So instead of doing the crude way others are doing:
Force replace in a crude way config.xml old with new config.xml yes or no?
What our goal is and what we are building:
Be able to open a config.xml inject the changed values across all those configs.
If an emulator updates and adds more config options, we can just add them without losing the rest of the user data.
So we can compare changes between the new config.xml and the old, then inject the changes. But if a emulator totally change how their configuration works and makes a whole new system from scratch (it does not happen often or at all) even we will be out of luck.
So we hope in the future to be able to save even more custom configs even with the emulator updates. We also hope to make configuring emulators easier... more on that in a future development update after the summer.
Another big example:
If you read the recent article, we in the RetroDECK team are happy to unveil the RetroDECK: Multiuser Mode. This is only the first one of the big features we have planned for future updates and stands as an example of the complicated features we can accomplish. There is even more crazy stuff in development for the future big releases then this, so consider this a taste of things to come. It will not be ready for 0.7b but can be enabled with CLI commands for testing.
See the following Q&A:
RetroDECK: Multiuser Mode Q&A
First read here: https://github.com/XargonWan/RetroDECK/wiki/How-can-I-help-with-testing%3F
This is for testing only in 0.7b!
What does Multiuser Mode mean?
It creates a new directory structure retrodeck/multi-user-data/ and allows multiple users to use RetroDECK from one device.
Wait... what.. how?! What about saves?! Configurations?! Custom settings?!
They are all saved per user if you enable it. You, your sister, brother, child, husband, wife, dog, cat could all have their separate saves, states and custom emulator settings just for themselves when they select their own profile.
Does it support the Steam Deck’s multiple users in Game Mode? Will RetroDECK hook those Steam Users into the enabled Multiuser system?
Yes, that is the intent and should work, so you can log into your Steam Deck profile and have your RetroDECK saves/configs.
What about a Linux Desktop PC that don't have Steam installed?
We also support locally created “RetroDECK Users” so, for those Linux Desktop users in the future that don’t use Steam and just want RetroDECK on their device.
What happens if I disable multiuser mode?
You chose one profile as the primary user and the other data still exists under retrodeck/multi-user-data/. No data is lost until you delete it manually.
What happens if I re-enable multiuser mode?
If you have had multiuser mode enabled and disable it, then re-enable it and have not deleted any retrodeck/multi-user-data/ everything should work as it did before.
Will there be an easy way transfeexport/import a user profile, like press a button and my can export to my profile (saves, configurations, with/without roms) to my friend's device on something like a USB or other media?
Not for 0.7b but hopefully for the next major update 0.8b.
Other things What does Amazing Aozora mean?
Aozora is Japanese and means blue sky.
So, you could interpret the name as one team member:
“Amazing blue skies... The first update that shows the exiting new horizon and the path we are heading towards.”
Or as another:
“Aozora is just a tiny Japanese banks name! This is clearly just an update to pay some of our dept to the community off! Stop with that horizon nonsense mumbo jumbo!”
What are some examples I can help out with with?
- Create new pixel art for the Radial menus.
- Create easter egg art for the new easter egg system for various holidays.
- Create menu art for a new Configurator.
- Create input art that can be shown when you start a game.
- Create input art guides for the wiki for the Steam Deck and later various controllers.
- Create patch note videos.
- Create instruction videos.
- Help us make RetroDECK better.
- Help us put in new features.
- Help us make the configurator a godot application with full controller support.
- Help us get releases out faster.
- Help us make RetroDECK better.
- Help us test cooker builds and submit bugs and feedback.
- Help us make RetroDECK better.
- Be kind and follow the rules.
- Spread the word of RetroDECK if you like it, if you don't like it or have suggestions put them on github into issues or discuss them on discord.
- Engage with the rest of the community.
- Help us make RetroDECK better.
As the summer period arrives there will be a holiday break on these kind of development posts until after the summer. Some parts of the team is also going on vacation, you can still except semi regular emulator updates and bug fixes as usual in 0.7.X releases (but no major 0.8b - Bonsai Banana version in the middle of the summer!).
We hope you are excited about these features and our vision as we are and we want to get 0.7b out to you as quickly as possible (hopefully next week).
We also wish everyone a happy and good summer!
//The RetroDECK Team
2023.06.01 06:13 TheTrueSMOrc What card has the play voice line "Reverberations..." ?
The new card name has this voice line running loops in my head. It says "Reverberations" in a deep voice, kinda with an ancient / old tone with it. Does anyone remember the name of the card?
Voice is really similar to how Earthen Ring Farseer
says "My eyes are open"
submitted by TheTrueSMOrc
to hearthstone [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 06:13 InverseFlash State of the Sub - 6/1/2023
Any recent graduates out there? My brother graduated high school, and man, talk about a terrible valedictorian speech. It was so bad that it immediately made me want to write this out. Time for the State of the Sub! If you've paid any attention to the world of scans, you may have noticed that recently, a whole bunch of sites decided to give battleboarders the finger and leave them out in the cold, then went to throw a sack of kittens into the nearby river. Gfycat collapsed, but is mysteriously back for now (without potential to upload), Imgur recently announced that they will delete the account of anyone using their site to host copyrighted material as well as any NSFW images (no doubt found by a worthless AI; some of my Gear Third Luffy scans were destroyed) and any images not uploaded by an account, and Streamable stated that no matter the view count of the videos, if they were not owned by a premium account, they would be deleted. And they will ban any account that infringes copyright even if you are paying for premium.
Clearly, we are in a bit of a pickle. Contacting the support network for these sites is also not possible, because Gfycat's running on a skeleton crew, and if we notified Imgur of why we don't like the policy change, the entire community could get smacked for IP infringement. But for this issue, whowouldwin isn't getting hit the hardest.
/respectthreads was hit with a train by these changes. A lot of long-time creators decided that this was where they would retire, which means that those who remain are losing steam. It would be great if you, yes, you, would go show some support. A few people have worked together to post threads for big-name characters today, give them a look! Maybe you find a new hobby creating threads for characters you love, or maybe you just upvote threads you like. Either way, anything helps!
And now, a quick message from the modteam over there.
Hey, everyone! I'm Mik, one of the moderators for respectthreads. I just wanted to use this space to welcome you to the community and let you know a bit about us.
Respect Threads, or RTs, are an immensely valuable resource for an incredibly nerdy hobby. People learn to argue about which of two characters win in a fight as early as the schoolyard, but on respectthreads they learn how to argue about it with sources. Our dedicated users will review every single appearance of a character, every episode they were in, every offhand statement their second cousin made about them, and then they condense all of that information down into an RT. The RT picks out all of the things that character did that would be relevant to how the character fights, so that way anybody who reads it can back up the claims they make with actual evidence. Do you think Pikachu could beat Avatar Aang in a fight? Great, now you can look at their RTs to inform that question rather than half-remembering stuff or flat out making it up.
The process of making RTs is so much fun that over the years respectthreads started to become its own individual community with its own weird little hobby. Though plenty of people drop in for small projects, we have dozens of dedicated users who enjoy doing such thorough reviews of some of their favorite characters. We chat on our Discord, we made a whole competition out of requesting and making RTs, and we even hold awards at the end of the year for the Best RTs in different categories.
We're coming up on our 10 year anniversary. Over the course of the past decade we've grown to have over 70,000 members, an archive of over 12,000 RTs, and an ethos of accuracy grounded in primary sources greater than any other comparable compendium on the internet. We've built something truly great over time despite all the challenges that the shifting permanence of digital media creates and we'd love for you to be a part of that.
Poke around on our sub. Look up your favorite characters. Comment in our weekly Symposium we post each week for public discussions, or join our Discord if you're curious. We don't just love the kind of curiosity. We Respect it.
Banner Characters After receiving a few questions regarding the identities of characters in the subreddit banner that we change monthly (shoutouts to RadioactiveSpoon!), I decided to continue the Banner Brawl posts that used to happen a while ago. These will appear at the beginning of every month and list the name and series, as well as if they have a Respect Thread, of any character on the banner.
"But wait!" I hear you call. "What about the older banners? How will I know the name of Anime Woman #77 who showed up in the corner of November 2016?" Well, don't worry, we've got that covered too. The Graphics Archive now has a list of every character we've ever had on a banner, unless the banner's file is unretrievable by us, or the best sleuths this side of the Thames couldn't figure it out. If you happen to know the identity of anyone that we couldn't figure out, send it in, I'd be happy to add it.
Death Battle Discussions The continued existence of Death Battle can be called lifeblood for some, or rage fuel for others. Either way, these posts often gain a lot of discussion in the community. I added a small section in the tournament wiki where people can read these at their leisure. Shoutouts to einharjar009 for keeping these going for as long as they have!
And shoutouts to Cardboard_Boxer, who I just discovered also did these, and now I have to go add those as well. The grind doesn't stop.
Flair Reminders The amount of times I've had to manually change posts to a Matchmaker flair is…annoying. As a reminder, if your post leaves any character detail open to audience input, even if you're asking them to run through a challenge, that does count as a Matchmaker prompt.
If you are making a post that is intended to be a Scan Battle, this must be noted in the title. Failure to do so will result in either the flair being changed, or the post being removed with a temp ban to let the message sink in.
Meta posts should still be restricted to Meta Monday. We're phasing out the post signifying the beginning of the "official" Meta Monday since it's been a while, but it still exists.
Minor Rule Changes We've expanded the scope of Rule 8 to now better line up with Rule 10. "...in all of fiction" posts are still not allowed. You might be able to sneak by by just not having that in your post, but you're on thin ice, buddy.
We have decided to ban "[height/weight/number of] men vs [height/weight/number of] women" posts. It fosters sexism and some people can't keep it in their pants. If you want an answer to those, you can search up the old posts.
Concerns About Quality As a general announcement, we try our best, but we aren't a complete catch-all to negativity. It's a lot easier to glance at a post and tell if it doesn't belong on this sub than it is to check the comments of every post. So, don't be afraid to use the report button. It makes our job simpler and keeps posts cleaner. That said, if you are reporting comments from posts made ten years ago (which for some reason keeps happening?), you may want to ask yourself why you're going through those posts and reassess your life. I will be posting ones I find funny on /BestOfReports.
Ideas to Improve? What are some of your ideas on how we can better the sub? I've been toying with the idea of our own tierlist to combat some of the misinformation that VSBW spreads. It wouldn't be a single tier list based on an arbitrary calculation, but rather tier lists for each power that a character has, ie: Garou would be on a Strength tier list, but also a Copying tier list, and etc etc. The focus would be on ranges instead of a single calculation defining everything about the character, which is more accurate in general, and a functional respect thread would be required. If this interests you, say something in the comments!
submitted by InverseFlash
to whowouldwin [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 06:06 Nexis4Jersey Expanding Rail : Hoboken Terminal : Intercity & Regional Rail
Just some ideas for new routes into Hoboken Terminal based off old services into the nearby Communipaw Terminal and former Erie services into Hoboken. My proposal would need the Waterfront connection & Hunter Flyer NEC Interchanges to be expanded along with some abandoned routes to restore. The Amtrak routes out of Hoboken would be modeled after the discount services that run in Europe , instead of going to the main hub you go to a railway station outside the main city at a steep discount. I have a similar reshuffling proposed for GCT which i'll post soon. New Jersey Transit - Regional Rail
Hoboken Terminal – Intercity Rail
- Main Line : Hoboken – Secaucus – Paterson – Ridgewood – Ramsey – Suffern
- Bergen County Line : Hoboken – Secaucus – Fair Lawn – Ridgewood – Waldwick
- Port Jervis Line : Hoboken – Secaucus – Ridgewood – Suffern – Middletown – Port Jervis
- Pascack Valley Line: Hoboken – Secaucus – Hackensack – Spring Valley – Suffern
- Morristown Line : Hoboken – Newark Broad – Dover – Hackettstown – Philipsburg
- Montclair-Boonton Line : Hoboken – Newark Broad – MSU – Wayne – Denville – Dover
- Gladstone Branch: Hoboken – Newark Broad – Summit – Far Hills – Gladstone
- North Jersey Coast Line : Hoboken – Newark Penn – Long Branch – Asbury Park – BH
- Lehigh Line : Hoboken – Newark Penn – Raritan – Easton – Bethlehem - Allentown
- Lackawanna line : Hoboken – Newark Broad – Dover - East Stroudsburg – Scranton
- West Shore Line : Hoboken – Teaneck - Tappan – West Haverstraw – Newburgh
- Amtrak Lackawanna Service: Hoboken –Newark – Scranton – Binghamton – Buffalo – 4x daily
- Amtrak Southern Tier Ltd: Chicago – Cleveland – Binghamton – Scranton – Hoboken -1x daily
- Amtrak Erie Ltd : Cleveland – Erie – Binghamton – Port Jervis – Hoboken – 1x daily
- Amtrak Phoebe Snow : Hoboken – Newark – Scranton – Buffalo – Niagara Falls – 1x daily
- Amtrak Queen of the Valley: Harrisburg – Reading – Allentown – Newark – Hoboken – 2x
- Amtrak Royal Blue : Hoboken – Newark – Philadelphia – Baltimore – DC – 2x daily
- NJT Crusader Service : Hoboken – Newark Penn – West Trenton – Jenkentown – CC Philly
- NJT Blue Comet : Hoboken – Newark Penn – Red Bank - Lakewood - Cape May
- Stourbridge Line : Hoboken - Port Jervis - Lackawaxen - Hawley - Honesdale - 3x daily
submitted by Nexis4Jersey
to transit [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 06:01 sethra007 Personal Accountability Thread for June 2023
Welcome to this month's Personal Accountability Thread!
The purpose of these threads is to encourage people to set de-cluttering and/or cleaning and/or therapeutic goals for themselves for the month. Participation in the monthly Accountability Threads is TOTALLY VOLUNTARY. You don't have to participate in these threads if you don't want to.
I only ask that if you do
participate, you post under the Reddit account that you use for this sub, as the whole point of this thread is to be accountable. SPECIAL NOTES
Here's how it works:
- Are you under eighteen? Check out the MyCOHP Online Peer Support Group for Minors and Youth at MyCOHP.com. This is a group specifically for minors who live in hoarded homes.
- Are you facing an urgent situation and need to clean up by a deadline? Please see So It's Come To This: You Have To Clean Up For Inspection--A Guide for Apartment Dwellers Who Hoard for guidelines on getting rid of the worst of your interior hoard in time for an inspection.
- Maybe you've decided to discuss your hoarding tendencies with a health professional. If so, take a look at the U.K. Hoarding Icebreaker Form. Though certain information on this form is specific to people living in the United Kingdom, in general this is a fantastic resource for anyone having a hard time talking about hoarding disorder with a medical professional. This form can be used by someone who lives with the urge to hoard, or someone who lives in a hoarding situation.
1, The Accountability threads are for hoarders, recovering hoarders, and those of us working to manage our hoarding tendencies. 1. Set your own goal, and announce it on this post with a comment. 1. Set your own time frame to meet that goal within the month (for example: "I plan to spend ten minutes cleaning up the kitchen counter by Thursday next"
or "I'm taking this pile of donate-able items to Goodwill on June 4th"
or even "Before the month is out, I'm going to talk to my SO about my clutter and why I think I do it."
). 1. Feel free to comment in this thread or in separate posts. * Please report back with your results within the month--that's the accountability part. 1. If you need advice or support as you work towards your goal, please post to hoarding--maybe
we can help! 1. Also, don't forget to check the Wiki
for helpful resources. 1. If you don't meet goal, post that, and try to provide a little analysis to figure out what kept you from meeting it. Maybe some of us can provide advice to help you over the hump next time. 1. If you meet goal, please share what worked for you! 1. Do yourself a favor, and START SMALL
. You didn't get into this mess overnight, and you won't get out of it overnight. Rome wasn't built in a day. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Etc., etc.--my point is, it's admirable if you want to sail in and tackle it all at once, but that's a very, very tough thing to do, and not a recommended strategy. Big successes are built on top of little ones, so focus on the things you can do in under a few minutes. 1. Every time you accomplish something, take a moment to celebrate doing it. :) 1. Finally, PRACTICE SELF CARE
. This is so important, guys. Give yourself permission to put your healing first. Quiet the voice that is telling you to do more and be more. Acknowledge that you’re doing the best you can, and it’s enough. And remember: looking out for yourself is not lazy or selfish! Self-care is necessary, important, and healthy! PRACTICE SELF-CARE
! How to get started setting goals? Recommended places to get ideas for goals: Looking for a Decluttering Plan with a Deadline to Motivate You?
You can also use phone apps to encourage you to tidy up:
- As mentioned, UfYH has apps for both the iPhone (listed as "Unfilth Your Habitat" to get around the iTunes naming rules) and Android
- Chorma - iPhone only. The app is specifically designed to help you split chores with the other person or persons living in the home. If you live with somebody and want to divvy up chores, definitely check it out.
- Tody - For iPhone and Android. VERY comprehensive approach to cleaning.
- HomeRoutines - AFAICT, this app is iPhone only. Again, android users should check out Chore Checklist (which is also available for iPhone) and FlyLady Plus (which is from hoarding favorite Flylady). These two apps are very routine-focused, and may help you with getting into the habit of cleaning.
- Habitica turns your habits into an RPG. Perform tasks to help your party slay dragons! If you don't do your chores, then a crowd of people lose hit points and could die and lose gear! For iPhone and Android. There's a subreddit for people using the app: habitrpg (since the name change, there's also habitica but it doesn't seem very active).
Finally, if anyone has any suggestions for improving the Accountability Threads, please let the mods know. Just shoot us a PM.
Good luck, everybody!
submitted by sethra007
to hoarding [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 06:01 AutoModerator Thursday General Discussion/Q&A Thread for June 01, 2023
A place to ask questions that don't need their own thread here or just chat a bit.
We have quite a bit of info in the wiki, FAQ, and past posts. Please be sure to give those a look for info on your topic. Link to Wiki Link to FAQ
submitted by AutoModerator
to AdvancedRunning [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 06:01 AutoModerator Official Q&A for Thursday, June 01, 2023
With over 2,450,000 subscribers, there are a lot of posts that come in everyday that are often repeats of questions previously asked or covered in the FAQ.
With that in mind, this post can be a place for any questions (especially those that may not deserve their own thread). Hopefully this is successful and helps to lower clutter and repeating posts here.
If you are new to the sub or to running, this Intro post
is a good resource.
As always don't forget to check the FAQ.
And please take advantage of the search bar or Google's subreddit limited search. We're trying to take advantage of one of New Reddit's features, collections. It lets the mods group posts into Collections. We're giving it a try on posts that get good feedback that would be useful for future users. We've setup some common topic Collections and will add new posts to these as they arise as well as start new Collections as needed. Here's the link to the wiki with a list of the current Collections.
Please note, Collections only works for New Reddit and the Reddit mobile app for iOS.
submitted by AutoModerator
to running [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 06:00 RepeatBulky2180 I will help you create a highly effective spoof emails that will not end up in spam and realistic phishing pages!
We will run a test where you will give me a domain/phone number to spoof. I can also create highly realistic phishing pages that collect credentials, logs, and cookies. Message me since chat is not always effective.
submitted by RepeatBulky2180
to u/RepeatBulky2180 [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 05:57 Alone-Ordinary-7752 Hi
Hello. One week ago I find the Szpd wiki page. I wasn't researching personality disorders, and can't even remember how the hell I get to the page but the fact is that when I finished reading the article a light inside my head came on. All the symptoms match my life experience.
Ever since my teen years I knew I was different. I was that weird guy that didn't knew how to socialize. That was always in the corner thinking about god know what. That was always asked if he was alright. This never bothered me though, I was comfortable with who I was and with my life at that point.
At the beginning of my adult years I was with depression and socially isolated. I struggled to get motivated but always kept some hope in my head: "It will be easier to make friends in college" " Everyone will eventually find their soulmate" " You will be happy when you make your own money"
I was always waiting for my life to begin. And then the time passed and I realized that this wasn't just depression, this was me. This is who I am and who I will always be. I tried to look back to find what went wrong, what was the decision that turned my life in this hell, what was the point of no return and what could I have done differently but even in my imagination I realized that no matter what choice I would have made i couldn't run away from who I am.
I entered a state of limbo. I have nothing to do and nothing that I want to do. When I do something I feel nothing and I stopped caring that I felt nothing. I go weeks without feeling a single emotion and when I feel something it's just the anxiety and depression dragging me to the hole again. I am I in a bad situation but still have to fight to keep this situation to becoming even worse. As I like to think, I'm swimming in the mud. It's terrible but it's still infinitely better than drowning in the mud. I am not living, im just killing time.
After reading the wiki page I researched about this pd and found this sub. And then, everything clicked. Normal people aren't always self analysing and breaking the 4th wall in their heads. Normal people don't daydream during a big part of their day. Normal people aren't always faking their feelings. Normal people use masks, but there is something behind it. Strangely, I felt some kind of relief after finding about this PD, some kind of strange freedom from idk what yet.
I am going to see a psychologist to tell him my suspicions and see what can I do next. At this point I don't even want things to get better, i just want things to change. My question for the sub is has there been any significant change for you since you were diagnosed?
submitted by Alone-Ordinary-7752
to Schizoid [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 05:36 Mattrapbeats Health Insurance AMA
We've created this wiki to help answer common questions about health insurance during the open enrollment period. Here are some of the topics we'll cover:
- What is the ACA? - The ACA is a comprehensive health care reform law that aims to make affordable health insurance available to more people, expand Medicaid coverage, and lower overall health care costs.
- What is Open Enrollment? - Open Enrollment is the yearly period when individuals can enroll in a health insurance plan. It typically runs from November 1 to December 15, but some states have extended enrollment periods.
- Why do we have Open Enrollment? - Open Enrollment ensures that people can't enroll in health insurance only when they need it, which would drive up prices for everyone. It promotes a fair and balanced system.
- Why do you need health insurance? - Medical costs are a leading cause of bankruptcy in the US. Health insurance provides access to a network of healthcare providers, negotiated rates, and financial protection through out-of-pocket maximums.
- What is the marketplace? - The marketplace is a platform where US citizens and qualifying immigrants can purchase health insurance plans, even if they already have employer insurance.
- What is the APTC? - The APTC, or Advanced Premium Tax Credit, is a subsidy that helps lower-income individuals and families pay for health insurance premiums. Eligibility is based on income and whether your state has expanded Medicaid.
- What is FPL? - FPL, or Federal Poverty Level, is an income measure used to determine eligibility for programs and benefits like savings on Marketplace health insurance and Medicaid coverage.
- What happens if I don't enroll in health insurance? - If you don't enroll in an ACA-compliant health insurance plan during open enrollment, your options may be limited until the next enrollment period. However, there are some exceptions, such as qualifying life events or eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP.
- What about the tax penalty? - As of 2021, there is no federal penalty for being uninsured. However, some states impose their own penalties for non-compliance, such as Massachusetts, New Jersey, California, Rhode Island, and the District of Columbia.
- Let's talk about plan structures - Health insurance plans are categorized into metal tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. These tiers indicate the percentage of costs shared between the consumer and the insurer.
- What is a deductible? - A deductible is the amount you pay for covered health care services before your insurance plan starts to pay. Plans with lower monthly premiums usually have higher deductibles.
- What is coinsurance? - Coinsurance is the percentage of costs you pay for a covered health care service after you've paid your deductible. The insurance company pays the rest.
- What is copayment? - Copayment is a fixed amount you pay for a covered health care service after you've paid your deductible. It's usually a specific amount, such as $20 for a doctor's office visit.
- What is the out-of-pocket maximum? - The out-of-pocket maximum is the most you have to pay for covered services in a plan year. After reaching this limit, your health plan covers 100% of the costs of covered benefits.
- How to pay for your deductible? - You can use tools like Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), or Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA) to help pay for your deductible. These accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax money for medical expenses.
- Short Term Health Plans - Short-term health insurance plans provide temporary coverage for individuals who need health insurance for a limited period. The availability and duration of these plans vary by state.
We hope this simplified guide helps answer your questions about health insurance. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact any of the members of the moderation team.
submitted by Mattrapbeats
to HealthInsurancePros [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 05:21 Johnny-Galt-Jr Beginner's Guide to Growing Marijuana
So you want to start growing cannabis, but have no idea where to start?
Items you will need
We also have starter shopping lists put together here
that can help you pick a light & tent appropriate for your grow area & # of plants.
- Seeds or start with some from your last sack (but you never know what you're going to get with those). Here is a discussion on Autoflower vs Photoperiod.
- Growing medium- Soil (Fox Farms Growing media is popular), Rockwool, Coco, Perlite, and Clay Pellets. Avoid anything that advertises "extended" or "slow" release nutrients in the soil or claims of multiple-months of nutrients.
- Lights & a Light Timer
- Nutrients - Fox Farms Trio, Advanced Nutrients, and many others. Anything that claims "extended" or "slow" release is a bad idea for cannabis.
- Pots with good drainage - Anything with holes in the bottom of it. Many people use cloth pots or 5 gallon buckets.
- pH Tester and/or PPM Tester for testing your water and nutrient mix.
- Jeweler's loupe or microscope for looking at trichomes
Next, you need to determine where your grow will take place. Will it be your closet, attic, basement, custom grow box, etc.? The ideal place needs to be well ventilated and large enough to grow plants to your desired height and width whilst having lighting, fans, and other equipment in there as well. Also, keep in mind that you don't want any light leaks, this is important for stealth and flowering reasons.
Once you have chosen your designated grow area, make sure you have thoroughly cleaned it, painted the walls white or hang reflective material. You do not want a dirty grow room.
Once you have prepared the room, you can now begin to install your lights and ventilation. Be sure that everything is sturdy and done properly. If you half ass this, it's possible that later on in your grow something could fall and destroy your crop. Take your time and do it right.
Keep your lights close as you can. A simple test to see if they are too close is to place your hand at the top of your plant and hold it there for 30 seconds. If your hand does not burn from the heat, neither will the plant
Types of lighting to be used and how much to use:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) panels/bars (non-Blurple) - 30-40 watts per ft2 (real wattage, not LED advertised w) use these
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) (HPS, MH, CMH) - 50-80 watts per ft2. These were used prior to LEDs entry-level costs becoming reasonable. Still a solid choice, but harder to control the environment due to the large amount of heat from the light.
- Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL) - at least 80 watts per ft2 (real wattage, not equivalent)
- T5 Fluorescent Lighting - 80-100W+ per ft2 per sq ft needed
- Incandescent and anything not listed here as something to use - do not use
Planting your first seeds This is usually where a lot of mistakes take place, so please read this carefully.
There are several ways to germinate your seeds. Placing them inside or on top of a damp paper towel in a dark place
), drop them in a shot glass
. Or just simply planting them in dirt. Put them in a soaked rockwool cube.
To germinate in dirt you want to start off in a small growing container. Wet the soil first, stick your pinky about half way down then drop 1 seed in. Cover the hole lightly, don't compact the dirt too much. Now, place it under your lighting for 24 hours a day. It may take up to 10 days before it sprouts, so be patient. Seeds don't always sprout, if it's been 15 days and still no show you can probably call it quits and plant a new seed.
Once you have a sprouted seed, water as needed.
Soon, your plant will out root the small container it's in You will need to transplant it into a much larger container. Prepare your new, large, drain-able pot. Take the container your plant is in, and gently bend the sides. What this does is break off any dirt or roots that are touching the inside walls. Now that you have done this, you can carefully and slowly
turn the cup upside down and the contents of the cup will slide right out. You can break off some of the dirt, but do not let any of the roots be exposed to light. They will dry out and die. Quickly, place your plant into the new pot. Give it a nice watering and place it back into the grow room under 24-on/0-off hours of lighting (or 18/6). Your plant will probably not grow for a day or so, this is normal after transplanting.
It is important that you keep your plants under a strict 24/0 or 18/6 lighting schedule during the vegetation period. If they get too long a dark period they will begin to flower.
Watering and Nutrients and pH, oh my
Water your plant when the soil is dry. This is the #1 mistake new growers make - they water too often. Overwatering is not "giving the plant too much water" it is "giving the plant water too often." There are two simple steps to watering cannabis:
- Wait until the soil is dry a knuckle or so deep (use your finger, poke a hole, feel the dirt).
- Add water until you see some drain out the bottom of your pot. Go to step 1.
Nutrients should be used carefully and correctly. Follow the dosing schedule provided by your nutrient line, but ramp up the amount slowly. It is not suggested you start with the full dosage right away, but something like 1/4, then 1/2, and so on. Furthermore, it is also not recommended to use nutrients with every watering. Most alternate or put two plain-water feedings in between a nutrient-water feeding.
pH testing is important as all the nutrients you are feeding your plant will only be absorbed by the roots under the proper conditions, and those proper conditions are dictated by the pH of the nutrient mix and the soil. Test your water before adding nutrients, test your nutrient mix, and test your run-off. You want the nutrient+soil mixture to be in the 6.3-6.8 range for soil. You want the nutrient mix to be in the 5.5-6.1 range for a hydroponic set up. Consult these charts
for more information. You may need to obtain pH up or pH down products to regulate the water and/or nutrient mix to achieve the correct pH balance.
There are many ways to train your plant to increase the yield. Use one or multiple of these techniques to create more tops/colas (budsites) or to promote stronger stalks and more vigorous nutrient uptake.
- Low Stress Training aka LST - tying your plant down to expose more of the undergrowth to direct light, and thus promote more yield
- SCReen Of Green aka SCROG - train your plant into a screen/net to provide an even canopy of buds
- Topping or Fimming - cutting the top off of a stalk to split it into two stalks
- Super Cropping - bending/breaking/snapping the stalks to promote a more vigorous nutrient uptake after the plant heals itself
It is very important that you do this during vegetation and not in flowering. Abuse them in veg, treat them like princesses in flowering.
You can keep your plant in vegetation as long as you wish. However, most people have space limitations. The key is, grow your plants to about half of your space limits (remember to add space for your light and space for cool air beneath the light). The plants tend to double (or sometimes triple) in height in the early flowering stage. After 2-3weeks of flowering most will have hit their maximum height.
Cloning is a rather easy and faster alternative compared to planting seeds every cycle. Typically, you should cut your clones a couple weeks prior to flowering to give the mother plant a chance to heal and regrow. Here is a thorough guide on cloning
In order to activate flowering, you will need to switch your lighting schedule to a strict 12/12 schedule. This means 12 hours of light and 12 hours of pure darkness
Any light leaks can cause damage, please be sure it's dark.
You will also want to start adding your blooming/flowering nutrients of your choice. Again, it might be a safe idea to start off small and work your way up to the suggested amount.
After about a week or two, you will also be able to determines its sex
. It is a very easy thing to do. If you are not sure on the sex, post pictures and ask the community.
If you get any males, you will need to chop them down and get rid of it. The reason for this is, if those pollen sacks pop, the pollen will spread and the females will become covered with his pollen. To simplify this, she will then produce seeds within her bud and the bud will be less potent. Ideally, you want a non pollinated female, she will produce the strongest and best weed.
As flowering proceeds, you will notice translucent trichomes appear. This is how you will judge when your grow is ready to be harvested.
This is ultimately up you depending on what type of high you are looking for. You can expect these to appear around 6-8 weeks or even 10-12 weeks on some strains. Patience is virtue.
and then cure the buds
Closing Remarks Growing marijuana is a fun hobby and the outcome is very rewarding. However, it is hard and you need to be dedicated before getting started.
This guide was originally put together by Up_High, with updates/reworking by hsi__. Many thanks the original author and everyone who contributed.
submitted by Johnny-Galt-Jr
to MississippiMarijuana [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 04:50 therealtai Can't get Cities Skyline to run.
Game crash and Steam Deck reboot every time I try to run a map. I need help.
I would like to admit that I'm a colossal dingus, it's my first-time playing Cities Skyline and I have way too many mods. I subscribed to 39 essential mods following this guide https://www.reddit.com/CitiesSkylines/wiki/essentialmods/
. I would like to ask what are the mods that anyone playing C:S on steam deck use? Thank you.
submitted by therealtai
to SteamDeck [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 04:32 dallasmoto Waveshare 4 Inch HDMI Screen not working [HELP]
I'm facing an issue with my OKDO Rock Pi4C+ board setup and I'm hoping some of the knowledgeable folks here might be able to offer some guidance.
A bit of context: I have a 7 inch HDMI touch screen that's been working perfectly fine with my Rock Pi4C+ system. Recently, I decided to purchase a Waveshare 4 inch TFT LCD touch screen. (https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/4inch_HDMI_LCD
) Unfortunately, this new screen is not displaying anything when connected. There are also no errors popping up, just a blank screen.
In an effort to resolve the issue, I've tried using the LCD4 show package (https://github.com/waveshare/LCD-show/blob/masteLCD4-show
), which is designed to support this screen model. Despite this, the screen still doesn't display anything. I even attempted to follow an installation manual for a Waveshare 3.5 inch screen (https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/hardware/display
), thinking the procedures might be similar. However, this approach not only failed to get the 4 inch screen working, but it also caused an unexpected error on the 7 inch screen when I plugged it back in.
Just to clarify, I'm running the Debian 11 distribution provided by Radxa on my OKDO Rock Pi4C+, and I'm using the official power supply. I've also double-checked the screen connection and everything seems to be in order.
Here are my setup details:
- Board: OKDO Rock Pi4C+
- OS: Debian 11 (Radxa's distribution)
- Screens: 7 inch HDMI touch screen (works), Waveshare 4 inch TFT LCD touch screen (doesn't work)
- Power Supply: Official
- Troubleshooting Steps Attempted: LCD4 show package, Waveshare 3.5 inch screen installation manual
If anyone has experienced a similar issue, or has any tips, I'd be extremely grateful for your advice.
submitted by dallasmoto
to debian [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 04:28 Massive_Level_7127 What Are The Disadvantages of Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones?
| || | submitted by Massive_Level_7127 to HeyNewGadget [link] [comments]
I believe you also have the common experience that when we eat cookies, even if we cover our ears, we can hear the cracking sound of cookies. Or when we scratch our head, we hear the sound of fingers rubbing against our head. This is actually the most common example of bone conduction.The vibration of a cookie or the friction of the head is transmitted through the skull to our inner ear, which helps us to hear sound. This sound transmission method has also been cleverly applied by scientists to wireless bone conduction headphones, and in the past 2 years, they have become the most popular digital product.
Bone conduction headphones are headphones that are worn differently from traditional headphones. And their don’t need to tuck earbuds into ears like that common headphones to help sound transmit to the eardrum through the air in the ear canal. They are generally hung on the pinna, so that the sound unit is placed against the temple. And the mechanical vibration signal of the sound unit is transmitted to the auditory nerve of the inner ear through the skull, and finally the sound is heard.
Wireless bone conduction headphones have brought many benefits because of their unique way of making sound and wearing them. For example, they are very safe and healthy. Of course, there are also some disadvantages
What are the disadvantages of wireless bone conduction headphones?
- The sound quality is slightly worse than traditional headphones
To be honest, the sound quality of wireless bone conduction headphones is slightly worse than that of traditional noise-canceling headphones, and it is not noise-canceling headphones. With the continuous improvement of technology, although it cannot be said that the sound quality is already excellent, at least it can be heard that it has improved from generation to generation. Whether it is human voices or musical instruments, all are very clear. It is more than needs for listening to music while running. Especially in the past year, the sound quality of the products has improved rapidly. Some leading brands, such as Wissonly and aftershokz, have sound quality very close to traditional headphones.
- Sound leakage
Because the sounding principle of wireless bone conduction headphones is that the vibration unit emits mechanical vibrations, which cause bone vibrations and transmit them to the cochlea. When the sound unit vibrates the bones, it also inevitably vibrates the air, resulting in sound leakage. The sound leakage problem of them is a common phenomenon. Almost all of them have sound leakage problems. It’s just that some good wireless bone conduction headphones have been optimized in structure and algorithm, which has greatly improved the problem of sound leakage.
- It is uncomfortable to wear for a long time
As mentioned above, the bone conduction earphones emit sound through the vibration unit. When you wear it, the vibration unit is close to the temple, and there will inevitably be a little vibration sense. Wearing it for a long time may make the area around the temple uncomfortable. Therefore, it is generally not recommended to wear it continuously for more than 4 hours. It should be noted that listening to music for a long time is not very good for the ears, no matter what headphones you wear.
- The price is slightly higher
Qualified wireless bone conduction headphones must solve problems such as sound leakage, sound quality, and wearing comfort. A lot of costs will be invested in technology, materials, and manufacturing processes, which also makes the price of them a little more expensive than ordinary earphones. But this year, with the rapid popularity of wireless bone conduction headphones, after a substantial increase in production, prices have also dropped significantly.
The above are some disadvantages of wireless bone conduction headphones, some are common to all headphones, and some are unique to them. Although some shortcomings cannot be concealed,but they are some advantages of them such as less damage to hearing, safer outdoor use, and the ability to keep the ear canal clean and reduce bacterial growth.
All the advantages and disadvantages of wireless bone conduction headphones depend on their working principles.
How do wireless bone conduction headphones work
If you want to understand how do wireless bone conduction headphones work, you must first know what “bone conduction” is. “Bone conduction” is one of the two main ways of sound transmission (the other is air conduction). It transmits sound through the mandibular bone of the human body to the cochlea. And then sound stimulates the auditory hair cells in the cochlea, thereby generating electrical signals that allow us to hear sound. These technical principles may sound obscure, but there are also cases of “bone conduction” sound transmission in life. For example, when eating, we can clearly hear the chewing sound; we still can clearly hear our own voice when covering our ears and speaking. These are “bone conduction” that helps us to hear sound. Take hearing the sound of chewing when eating as an example, during the eating and chewing process, the vibrations caused are transmitted through the bones to the inner ear to get us to hear sound.
Bone conduction headphones are headphones based on bone conduction technology. The working principle is to use the vibrator on the sound unit to turn the sound signal into mechanical vibration, which causes bone resonance and conducts sound to the inner ear, so as to achieve the result of listening by”bone conduction”.
If you are interested in them, please do not hesitate to buy them. They are definitely worth buying.Next, I will recommend some excellent wireless bone conduction headphones.
1.Wissonly Hi Runner wireless bone conduction headphones Reason for recommendation:
As a veteran electronic product fans, I can responsibly tell you that the Wissonly wireless bone conduction headphones are true bone conduction, which can protect hearing, so they are recommended by many otologists.
At the same time, Wissonly Hi Runner is also very good in terms of sound quality. It uses a 360 surround vibration unit, which can increase the vibration area by 35% compared with traditional wireless bone conduction headphones.They reduces the loss during bone conduction sound transmission, and which makes the sound more powerful.
Wissonly Hi Runner wireless bone conduction headphones are made of memory titanium that can be self-adjusted, which can ensure that the headphones have a good wearing experience and take into account more users.
In terms of functionality, as the flagship model of Wissonly Brand, Wissonly Hi RUNNER
supports IPX8 waterproof level which is higher than the industry standard, and it can be worn in diving. It is equipped with 32G body memory, as well as the latest Bluetooth 5.0. Its product performance and experience have been comprehensively improved, truly making wireless bone conduction headphones suitable for more life scenarios.
2. Philips 7607 wireless bone conduction headphones Reason for recommendation:
They use a 17mm large-scale sound unit that makes their low-frequency sound more delicate, and that makes middle and high frequency sound clearer and not harsh. IP67 waterproof performance allows them to have a waterproof and sweatproof function in daily wear, and to be no problem in the face of sudden rain in a short time. When you wear them at night, LED night running lights make passing vehicles perceive your own location, so the safety factor is higher.
3 AfterShokz OPENRUN PRO wireless bone conduction headphones Reason for recommendation:
Openrun Pro wireless bone conduction headphones are a product created by a technical team focusing on bone conduction technology. They have won the favor of many consumers with their characteristics such as bone conduction black technology, all-titanium design. The front end of Openrun Pro is ellipsoidal; The rear hanger has been ergonomically curved to fit the ear better, and the overall comfort of the headphones is very high. In terms of bone conduction, Openrun Pro adopts the newly upgraded PremiumPitch 2.0+ technology to optimize the direction of sound transmission and reduce sound leakage.
4.earsopen PEACE Bone Conduction headphones Reason for recommendation:
Earsopen was born in Tokyo, Japan, and is a brand of wireless bone conduction headphones owned by BoCo Co., Ltd. Earsopen PEACE TW-1 is the first Bluetooth headphones with left-right separation among bone conduction products. Because the sounding unit is small and closer to the ear canal, the sound leakage is also very small. The main body of the headphone is T-shaped, and the ear clip is adopted. Comfort is not as high as the first two models, but this way of wearing is really the only one. If you must choose TWS’s one, it’s good.
5, vidonn F3 wireless bone conduction headphones Reason for recommendation:
The Vidonn F3 wireless bone conduction headphones weigh only 29g, and there is no discomfort whether you have it hanging neck or hinging ears for a long time. The ear arm of the bone conduction vibrator is on the outside, leaving space for the glasses leg to pass, which solves the embarrassing situation of not being able to wear glasses when wearing headphones.
The charging port of Vidonn F3 wireless bone conduction headphones is the universal standard MICRO-USB interface. It adopts a soft rubber plug to waterproof, but the soft rubber plug is not connected to the body, there will be a risk of loss. The manufacturer gives two spare soft rubber plugs in the box.
This is an entry-level product, and it’s hard to expect good performance in terms of sound quality and leak prevention, but it’s enough for everyday use.
Each of the above products has its own characteristics. Some are advanced in technology, some are low in price, and some are unique in design. You can choose according to your own needs. I am using Wissonly hi runner myself, and I like it very much.
2023.06.01 04:22 throw-away22334455 Hey there, Hot Stuff…
I know you’ll never see this letter, and I suppose I should be grateful for that, but I still feel so stupid for writing it. Stupid because there’s no reason my feelings should be this strong and my heart should hurt this badly. We were only talking for a few short weeks but, man, I fell HARD and I fell FAST. But now it’s all over and I’m left here to pick up the pieces. I’m sure you’re happy with her, and that’s great. I want you to be happy. But I want to be happy too. So, in an attempt to help heal my broken heart, I just wanted to write down (almost) all the things I’ll never get to say:
-When you first messaged me after we matched for the 4th time in as many years, you said “the universe just wants us to be together.” I responded by saying “and who are we to tell the universe it’s wrong?” Well, we called the universe’s bluff and now I feel like I’m the one paying the price for it. You get to move on and fall in love and I get to sit at home, too afraid to go out anywhere in case I run into you. If I need to drive through your neighborhood to get somewhere, I’ll take a longer route just to avoid the possibility of seeing you.
-I still walk the dog on that nature trail and by the park where we had our first date. I feel safe there because you didn’t know it existed before I told you about it, and there’s a very slim chance you’ll ever go back. It’s the dog’s favorite route to walk along though, so I still take him every day after work. But it breaks my heart to be there because all I can think of is you, and our conversation, and the way my head rested perfectly on your chest when we hugged because you’re so tall, and the way your lips felt pressed against mine.
-the dog is on a diet and I hate that every time I feed him, the sound of kibble and chicken falling into his bowl is replaced with your laughter as you said “aww no look at him, he ain’t missing no meals!” He was wary of you, but oddly enough I think he misses you. When we pass by someone on our walks that looks even remotely like you, his tail will wag uncontrollably and he tries to jump on them. He still growls a bit, but he just seems sad when he realizes it’s not you. I do too.
-I hate doing laundry now because doing laundry means I need to open the closet door where the washer and dryer are. The same door you picked me up and pressed me up against, my legs wrapped around your waist, when you did everything you could to turn me into putty in your hands. I want to pull those doors off the hinges so I don’t have to look at them every day.
-You ruined chocolate chip cookies for me. They were my favorite midnight snack and now all I think about is baking late-night, post-sex cookies with you. I’ve been fortunate to live my entire life without any allergies, but now it feels like just one cookie will kill me. Even when I pass by the pre-made dough in the grocery store, I can feel my heart constrict and my throat close up.
-You ruined Star Wars for me. I thought it was so cute how you, a chemistry nerd, never saw the penultimate nerd series. I was excited for our plans to have a movie marathon. I was excited to show you to the galaxy. Now I stop the microwave before the timer hits 0:00 because it sounds like R2-D2 and it makes me lose my appetite.
-I bought new lingerie I was hoping to surprise you with. It arrived in the mail after we stopped talking. I can’t even force myself to try them on to make sure the sizes are correct. They’re just sitting in a drawer with the tags still on, collecting dust. I used to feel sexy and confident in my underwear. Now I feel like a sheepish little girl, too afraid to undress in the locker room before PE class.
-I told you I didn’t want kids, and that only one man in my entire life truly made me consider starting a family, but that he hurt me so badly I was completely sworn off. That was a lie. Maybe not at first, but it became a lie. When I found out you had a kid, after the shock and hurt subsided, after you spoke of how much you love your child, there was a second man I could see holding my child in his arms. You. A gorgeous little creature who would be the best parts of you and me put together. Now I fear that if I ever have children, I’ll resent them because they won’t be half of you.
-I hate that every time I see a car like yours, my heart skips a beat. I almost got into an accident the other day because I thought I passed you on my way into town. I’m afraid to drive now because all I do is look out for your car, wondering if you’re looking out for mine.
-I hate how deeply I care about you, and how I wish you nothing but the purest love and happiness. I hate that I can’t hate you. It would all be so much easier if I hated you. I wouldn’t be hurting so much. I could chalk this all up to the fact that you’re an asshole. A player. You used me and threw me away. But that’s not you. You’re kind and caring and gentle and, if I had only given us a proper chance, I could have known what it would feel like to be truly loved by you.
-I hate that I swallowed my pride and apologized, when I honestly didn’t have much to apologize for, only to be met with silence. My pride was all I had left, and now that’s gone too. And I especially I hate how pathetic and desperate this all sounds. After my last serious heartbreak, I put so much time and effort into myself, and I reminded myself that I am amazing and anyone is lucky to have me. Now I’m back to apologizing for using up oxygen.
-I hate that I believed you when you said you still wanted me, desired me, even though I could feel the distance between us growing larger. And I hate that now you’re so cold, so indifferent. I hate that you act like it was all just in my head. Even if it was, I wish you would just say that instead of leaving me with radio silence. It would be easier to understand that maybe I really am just obsessive or crazy, than to be left wondering how it all went wrong. But I know there’s nothing to wonder about. You said that if you didn’t want to talk to me, you wouldn’t. It appears you are a man of your word. I just wish I took you at your word when I still had the chance.
-You said I don’t know you or understand you, and I hate that you’re right. I hate that you don’t know or understand me either. We never gave each other the chance to. And I hate that we’ll probably never get that chance again.
-I want you to be happy, and I hope she does make you happy. But, like I said, I want to be happy too. I want to be with you. I want to hear your laugh again, see your perfect smile again, hear your heart beat as I lay on your chest again. I want to feel you in me again, holding me tightly. I want to sit on the swing with you, my legs across your lap as I listen to you tell me all your wildest stories. I want to feel your lips press against my forehead as you slip out of bed. I just want to feel like you care again. Even if it was all in my head.
I know we may never speak again, but I want you to know that I will always want you. And I hate that. But I don’t hate you. Not even a little bit.
submitted by throw-away22334455
to UnsentLetters [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 04:11 DemonInPinkk Here's a list of things that made my game crash, during a 1.5 hour session. (On iPad)
- I pulled one costume gatcha
- I collected my productions, and then entered one of the buildings too quickly
- I opened the events tab
- I tried to open the World Exploration
- Dark Cacao cookie ulted
- I donated two relics at once
- I made one run through the Cookie Alliance
- I continued the run through the Cookie Alliance
- I continued the run through the Cookie Alliance
- I continued the run through the Cookie Alliance
- I clicked the "go to" button on a beacon quest.
- I opened the events tab again
- I opened the events tab again
submitted by DemonInPinkk
to CookieRunKingdoms [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 03:58 Massive_Level_7127 Pros and Cons of Bluetooth Bone Conduction Headset and Best Headsets in 2023
| || | submitted by Massive_Level_7127 to HeyNewGadget [link] [comments]
I believe you also have the common experience that when we eat cookies, even if we cover our ears, we can hear the cracking sound of cookies. Or when we scratch our head, we hear the sound of fingers rubbing against our head. This is actually the most common example of bone conduction.The vibration of a cookie or the friction of the head is transmitted through the skull to our inner ear, which helps us to hear sound. This sound transmission method has also been cleverly applied by scientists to Bluetooth bone conduction headset, and in the past 2 years, they have become the most popular digital product.
So, what are Bluetooth bone conduction headset? Bluetooth bone conduction headset are headphones that are worn differently from traditional headphones.
And their don’t need to tuck earbuds into ears like that common headphones to help sound transmit to the eardrum through the air in the ear canal. They are generally hung on the pinna, so that the sound unit is placed against the temple. And the mechanical vibration signal of the sound unit is transmitted to the auditory nerve of the inner ear through the skull, and finally the sound is heard.
Bluetooth bone conduction headset are actually a new application of mature technology. Because of its high technical maturity, its performance is very stable, and its reliability has been widely recognized. This is also the reason why Bluetooth bone conduction headset can become popular so quickly and are recommended by many professionals.
Bone conduction headphone has obvious advantages and less disadvantages.
Pros and Cons of Bluetooth bone conduction headset
The main pros of Bluetooth bone conduction headset is that they do not need to transmit sound waves through the ear, but through the ear bone, which allows you to wear them, the ear will be completely exposed, which brings the following obvious pros: First pros of Bluetooth bone conduction headset: protect hearing
Compared with the air conduction method of traditional headphones, bone conduction saves many steps of sound wave transmission, and the sound does not need to pass through the ear, so it will not stimulate the eardrum. This is a great way to protect your eardrums and ensure your hearing is not damaged. second pros of Bluetooth bone conduction headset: comfortable to wear and clean and hygienic
Bluetooth bone conduction headset do not need to block the ears when worn, so that the ears can be completely opened, which makes the ears refreshed just like not wearing headphones. It won’t let you have ear pain and stuffy ears caused by long-term wearing, making you more comfortable when wearing them.
At the same time, it is precise because the ear does not need to be blocked when wearing it, sweat and other bacteria will not enter the ear with the headphone, so it is suitable for patients with diseases such as otitis media.
Bluetooth bone conduction headset have the advantages of cleanliness, sanitation, and bacteria isolation, which cannot be possessed by traditional headphones no matter how they are improved. Third pros of Bluetooth bone conduction headset: suitable for sports
Bluetooth bone conduction headset are great for exercising. I bought this type of headphones precisely because of my sports needs. Yes, I can't stand exercising without music. When using them, the ears are open, and you can also perceive the surrounding environment well when you are exercising. They are worn with hanging ears, which are comfortable to wear and not easy to fall off, and can also prevent sweating and stuffy ears. They were born for movement.
At the same time, some Bluetooth bone conduction headset have built-in memory, so they can be used as MP3 players without a mobile phone, which is very practical for people who like to listen to music during exercise.
In addition, most Bluetooth bone conduction headset have good waterproof performance, so they can be used with confidence when swimming. And because it is bone conduction, it does not need to pass through the air, so the sound received underwater is the same as the sound received on the ground.
Of course, like a coin has two sides, Bluetooth bone conduction headset have advantages and some disadvantages, you can take a look at the introduction below.
Cons of Bluetooth bone conduction headset: 1. Sound quality:
Because Bluetooth bone conduction headset transmit sound through bones, the sound quality transmission loss is large during the process, so the sound quality will be worse than traditional noise-canceling headphones. 2.Sound leakage:
Because the sound transmission of Bluetooth bone conduction headset is carried out through vibration of the vibrator, and some sound is transmitted through the vibration of the air, so sound leakage cannot be completely avoided. But some headphones brand invest more research and design in preventing sound leakage, so most of the sound leakage problems are solved. For example, the Wissonly Hi runner Bluetooth bone conduction headset I own are excellent representatives among them.
Best Bluetooth bone conduction headsets in 2023
1.Wissonly Hi Runner Bluetooth bone conduction headset Reason for recommendation:
As a veteran electronic product fans, I can responsibly tell you that the Wissonly Bluetooth bone conduction headset are true bone conduction,
which can protect hearing, so they are recommended by many otologists. At the same time, Wissonly Hi Runner is also very good in terms of sound quality.
It uses a 360 surround vibration unit, which can increase the vibration area by 35% compared with traditional Bluetooth bone conduction headset.They reduces the loss during bone conduction sound transmission, and which makes the sound more powerful.
Wissonly Hi Runner Bluetooth bone conduction headset are made of memory titanium that can be self-adjusted, which can ensure that the headphones have a good wearing experience and take into account more users.
In terms of functionality, as the flagship model of Wissonly Brand, Wissonly Hi RUNNER supports IPX8 waterproof level which is higher than the industry standard, and it can be worn in diving.
It is equipped with 32G body memory, as well as the latest Bluetooth 5.0. Its product performance and experience have been comprehensively improved, truly making Bluetooth bone conduction headset suitable for more life scenarios.
2.Philips A6606 Bluetooth bone conduction headset Reason for recommendation:
The Philips A6606 that weighs 35g is light and compact in the palm of the hand. With the skin-friendly material on the surface of the body, there is no pressure to wear on the pinna. It is equipped with LED night running lights on both sides of the rear end of the body. It can be worn in night walking and low visibility scenes and illuminate the road behind, so that the people around can perceive your own position and respond in time in the face of emergency situations. The safety factor for outdoor wearing is relatively high. It also supports IP67-rated water resistance and can support 9 hours of continuous music playback time, which is also good overall.
3.AfterShokz OPENRUN PRO Bluetooth bone conduction headset Reason for recommendation:
This headphones focuses on the direction of the Bluetooth headheadphones, and the ergonomically designed ear-attached rear suspension helps consumers to do large-scale movements such as running and jumping without worrying about the headphones being dumped. Openrun Pro's bone conduction unit is designed with a 30-degree tilt technology, coupled with Aeropex suspension damping technology, which can effectively reduce the vibration generated during exercise and bring a more comfortable hearing experience. The waterproof level of openpro has reached IP67 level. If you sweat and rain during exercise, don't worry about it slipping or affecting the sound quality. The intelligent control button on the right side of the headset can realize blind exercise with one hand, easy song cutting and other functions only by raising your hand.
4.earsopen PEACE TW-1 Bluetooth bone conduction headset Reason for recommendation:
The earsopen PEACE TW-1 headphones can be charged magnetically through the charging case, which is small and convenient to carry around. The headphone shape adopts separate design that is achieved for the first time in the bone conduction industry. The headphone body is a T-shaped design, that adopts the clip-on wearing method. At the same time, it also supports IPX7 waterproof performance. When traveling on rainy days or running to burn fat, there is no need to fear sweat and rain erosion, it can be used with peace of mind.
The T-shaped structure design of earsopen PEACE TW-1 adopts the form of wearing behind the ear with curved support frame. It is more comfortable when worn. But because of the wearing method, the pinna will be a little uncomfortable after wearing for a long time. The sound quality is average, and there is a little sound leakage. But as an innovative style in the bone conduction category, it is also worth considering.
5. vidonn F3 Bluetooth bone conduction headset Reason for recommendation:
The weight of this bone conduction headphone is only 29g, and there is comfortable when it is used, whether it is hanging on the neck or hanging on the ear for a long time. The charging port of F3 headphones is a universal standard MICRO-USB interface. The charging port is waterproof with a soft rubber plug, which is not connected to the body, so there is a risk of loss. The disadvantage is that the sound quality is average, and the sound leakage is serious.
Among the above five products, Wissonly and Aftershokz are my favorite. Their sound quality, sound leakage reduction and comfort are all very good. Compared with the two brands, Wissonly' product parameters are better, cost-effective, and worth buying
2023.06.01 03:54 Rizzah319 ** June 2023 Monthly Highlights **
This is your monthly highlights post, curated and refreshed to keep important stuff at the top. If you are new to OTF or our subreddit, this is the best place to start. As always, you can use this thread to share and discuss upcoming intel for the month and other random topics. Key Dates for The Month
- June 7 (Wednesday): Tread Trail; specialty workout, for Global Running Day (this is new, we do not have info as of post time)
- June 9 (Friday): 500 meter row; benchmark
- June 14 (Wednesday): Capture the Flag; specialty workout, Flag Day in the US
- June 26 (Monday): Catch Me If You Can; signature workout
- June 1 (Thursday) through June 30 (Friday): Push 30; a new challenge, see this post for some intel.
Please see our wiki, here
for more descriptions regarding specialty and signature workouts, along with an incredibly helpful glossary of terms
! Other info to know
- Medicine Ball on 6/1 (Thursday), 6/14 (Wednesday, Capture the Flag), and 6/19 (Monday)
- Minibands on 6/2 (Friday), and 6/17 (Saturday)
- Incline Bench on 6/8 (Thursday), and 6/24 (Saturday)
- BOSU on 6/12 (Monday), and 6/28 (Wednesday)
- Run/Rows on 6/4 (Sunday), 6/6 (Tuesday), 6/9 (Friday, 500m benchmark), 6/21 (Wednesday), 6/23 (Friday), and 6/26 (Monday, Catch Me If You Can)
- Switch templates on 6/1, 6/9, 6/14, 6/19
- Repeat templates are as follows: 6/17 = 6/2, 6/19 = 6/1, 6/20 = 6/3, 6/21 = 6/4, 6/22 = 6/5, 6/23 = 6/6, 6/24 = 6/8, 6/25 = 6/10, 6/27 = 6/11, 6/28 = 6/12, 6/29 = 6/13, 6/30 = 6/15
- There is one 3G only format template, this will be on Sunday, 6/18. This means that even if your class is listed as a 2G in the app, the format will follow a 3G template.
Tornadoes are still around, scheduled at each studio's discretion. Please see the Glossary
section of our wiki for a description of Tornadoes.
90 Minute classes are also scheduled at each studio's discretion. These templates may just have an additional block to the template for the day, or they may be entirely different, as the studios can pick from multiple 90 minute templates during the month. Join The Growing OTF Discord Community
We invite you to join a rapidly growing and super friendly OTF community on Discord, which now has over 1000 members . To join, click this link and follow the verification instructions: https://discord.gg/fEKzjS78Bk Resources for New Members and Everyone Else
- Our Wiki includes FAQs, a glossary of key terms and links to many special events and signature workouts. Many questions can be answered here! Really.
- Review the Community Rules before posting any new topics.
- Review the Moderation Primer. It includes important information about our moderation practices, as well as tips to make you a better contributor to the sub.
- Need to contact the moderators? Send us Modmail.
Thanks everyone and keep burning!
-Your Modsquad: u/lookie4dacookie
submitted by Rizzah319
to orangetheory [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 03:54 Ukrainer_UA 4:52 EEST; The Sun is Rising Over Kyiv on the 463rd Day of the Full-Scale Invasion. This is part four in our series about the ideas, values and dreams of fallen defenders of Ukraine. These are the words of the Heavenly Regiment. + Discussion + Charities
| || | submitted by Ukrainer_UA to ukraine [link] [comments]
🇺🇦 Слава Україні! 🇺🇦
We are Ukraïner
, a non-profit media aimed at advocating authentic Ukraine, unexpected geographical discoveries, and multiculturalism.
The below is another selection from an article we published recently. You can find earlier selections here:
The Words of the Heavenly Regiment, Part 4
Our defenders sometimes seem to do something beyond human capabilities, so skillfully liberating the lands from the Russian invaders, who greatly outnumber us in terms of resources. Ukrainians rejoice at every victory, at the same time remembering what a huge price they pay. Every life of those who died defending the freedom and independence of Ukraine is priceless, worthy of eternal memory and honor.
The modern Russian-Ukrainian war began 8 years ago and has already claimed many lives of soldiers loyal to our country. First, the Heavenly Hundred appeared on the Independence Square, and now it is the Heavenly Regiment. We will always remember their courage to defend Ukraine's independence thanks to their ideas, values and dreams that continue to live on in their words.
We include below a selection of quotes from the Heavenly Regiment. Their words guide us to understand where we are going, and why, and what we are fighting for, with the invaders.
Oleh Marinchenko Oleh Marinchenko. Combat Medic Military Chaplain ATO Veteran "Cyborg"
An evangelical Baptist Christian who served as a chaplain and combat medic in the Russo-Ukrainian war since 2014; in particular, he participated in the defense of the Donetsk airport as one of the famous "Cyborgs". After the start of a full-scale invasion, he again went to the front, where he saved the lives of soldiers.
Died in August in the Kherson region from a direct hit by a large-caliber Russian mortar in the dugout, where he was providing emergency aid to the wounded. According to his comrades, Oleh covered four of his fellow fighters with his body and thus saved them.
"'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.' (John 15:13). And we fulfill this commandment before God, essentially. We lay down our souls for those who are close to us: for our comrades here, for our families there, for the whole country."
Roman Barvinok-Skrypal Roman Barvinok-Skrypal. Military serviceman Musician Activist
Roman grew up in a Ukrainian-speaking family in Odesa. Since childhood, he was engaged in music and dancing. He went to the front for the first time in 2016. He was not eligible for the draft due to poor eyesight, but hid it to defend his country - he fought first in the volunteer army and then in the marines. Every free minute, even in the trenches, he tried to improve his musical skills - he was a violinist.
He died on August 20th. Less than three months before his death, he lost his father, who also fought against the Russians.
[What made you fight?] "Reluctance for Ukrainian children to see the war, to see this horror. This is the main thing. Every man, when his country is attacked by another country, must go and defend his country, his land and his people."
Andriy Bukhalo Andriy Bukhalo. Military serviceman Entrepreneur
He was born in Poltava region. Since August of 2014, he defended Ukraine as part of Aidar [Ed. note - 24th Separate Assault Battalion "Aidar"]. A few years ago, he resigned from the service and opened a vehicle service station. He wanted to build a garage to repair army equipment and build a buggy (an open-wheel vehicle suitable for driving off-road) to safely transport the wounded from the battlefield. After February 24th, the sergeant of the Armed Forces in the reserve picked up a weapon again.
Died on August 18th, defending the country in the Kharkiv region.
"Everything will be Ukraine! Everyone should realize this. This is our future, which we will defend to the last drop of blood. From Lviv to Luhansk. From Chernihiv to Sevastopol. The nation woke up. We pay a terribly high price for our freedom, but everything will end with the prophetic words of the Kobzar [Taras Shevchenko]:
And on renewed earth,
There will be no enemy, no adversary,
But there will be a son and there will be a mother,
And there will be people on the land."
Vyacheslav Zaitsev Vyacheslav Zaitsev. Historian Deputy Military Officer
Vyacheslav Zaitsev was the head of the information and publishing department of the Khortytsia National Reserve, a two-term member of the Zaporizhzhia City Council. Participant of the ATO [Ed. note - "Anti-Terrorist Operation Zone": the area of Ukraine where defense against the first phase of the Russian invasion has occurred since 2014] since March 2014, and a defender of Donetsk airport. He was wounded twice. For his military merits, he was awarded the state awarded order "For Courage" of the third degree.
From the first day of the full-scale invasion, Vyacheslav Zaitsev again joined the ranks of the Armed Forces.
Died in October, in the Donetsk region.
"Putin's cronies offer us 'peace' on their terms. If we agree, we would define ourselves as worthless. We will never, never give up. Only freedom. Yes, maybe this sounds a bit ardent. But there is no other option. Either they [kill] us, or we [kill] them - there will be no second chance."
Bizhan Sharopov Bizhan Sharopov. Biologist Public Activist
Born in Tajikistan, he moved to Ukraine with his family at the age of six. He studied at the Department of Biology at the National University "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy", defended his PhD thesis. He was an active participant in the Revolution of Dignity, in 2014 he fought as part of the Aidar volunteer battalion. In two years, he became the co-founder and chief biologist of the biotechnology company Ukrainian Genetic Technologies.
After the start of a full-scale invasion, he returned to the front.
Since April 2022, he was considered missing. On February 6, 2023, his death was confirmed.
"Civilization spreads through wars with barbarians. Only war is the sufficiently sharp form of competition that reveals all the merits and demerits of a community. Tests it for viability. The barbarian tribes either learn from their own defeats and rise to the level of civilization, or they are ground to dust in this struggle. Russians, as the experience of the last decade shows, do not learn anything."
Ihor Teryokhin Ihor Teryokhin. Journalist Writer Restaurateur
He worked as a journalist in Odesa and ran a writing blog. In addition, he studied winemaking and later began working as a sommelier and wine consultant. Became a restaurateur.
From the first days of the full-scale invasion, he defended the country in the ranks of the Territorial Defense.
Died on January 23rd, 2023 in the Kherson region.
"About important things. This victory will belong to the volunteers. First of all, them. Then to all of us. Write to everyone on the front lines. More and more often. Even when they don't answer. Do not doubt the victory. She is on her way. Believe me."
: Daryna Mudrak Editor-in-chief
: Nataliya Ponedilok Editor
: Kateryna Lehka Photo Editor
: Yuriy Stefanyak Content Manager
: Anastasiia Zhokhova
The 463rd day of a nine year invasion that has been going on for centuries.
One day closer to victory.
🇺🇦 HEROYAM SLAVA! 🇺🇦
- u/Jesterboyd is a mod for ukraine and local to Kyiv. He is currently selling t-shirts raising money to buy some very interesting drones. Link to donation
- United24: This site was launched by President Zelenskyy as the main venue for collecting charitable donations in support of Ukraine. Funds will be allocated to cover the most pressing needs facing Ukraine.
- Come Back Alive: This NGO crowdfunds non-lethal military equipment, such as thermal vision scopes & supplies it to the front lines. It also provides training for Ukrainian soldiers, as well as researching troops’ needs and social reintegration of veterans.
- Trident Defense Initiative: This initiative run by former NATO and UA servicemen has trained and equipped thousands of Ukrainian soldiers.
- Ukraine Front Line US-based and registered 501(c)(3), this NGO fulfills front line soldiers' direct defense and humanitarian aid requests through their man on the ground, Ukraine's own u/jesterboyd.
- Ukraine Aid Ops: Volunteers around the world who are helping to find and deliver equipment directly to those who need it most in Ukraine.
- Hospitallers: This is a medical battalion that unites volunteer paramedics and doctors to save the lives of soldiers on the frontline. They crowdfund their vehicle repairs, fuel, and medical equipment.
- Humanity: Co-founded by u/kilderov, Humanity is a small team of volunteers securing and distributing humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable populations in temporarily occupied Kherson Oblast. Kilderov and his friends were under occupation in Nova Kakhovka in 2022.
You can find many more charities with diverse areas of focus in our vetted charities list HERE.
2023.06.01 03:41 john01dav [SMP] [Professionally Run] [All the Mods 8, Nomifactory GTCEu, + more!] [Very Minimal Banned Items & Rules] [No Griefing] [Enforced Moderator Guidelines] [i9-9900k] Modded Minecraft Club
Forums: https://forum.moddedminecraft.club/ Server IPs
Up to date version information is available on our wiki
. Versions in this post are updated with each new post.
|Pack ||IP ||Pack Versions |
|All the Mods 8 ||atm8.moddedminecraft.club ||1.0.18 |
|FTB Stoneblock 3 ||sb3.moddedminecraft.club ||1.6.1 |
|Nomifactory (GTCEu Port) ||nfc.moddedminecraft.club ||1.5.2 |
|Gregtech: New Horizons ||gtnh.moddedminecraft.club ||18.104.22.168 |
|Gregtech: New Horizons (no teleportation) ||gtnh-im.moddedminecraft.club ||22.214.171.124 |
Modded Minecraft Club is a community driven network of multiple modded Minecraft servers. These servers are run by our excellent staff, some of whom have run Minecraft servers since Beta 1.6. Our goal with MMCC is to establish a mid-sized, healthy, community around Modded Minecraft. To accomplish this goal, all griefing is forbidden, griefed or bugged items will be refunded, there is no tolerance for disrespect among community members, and there are written and enforced moderator guidelines
to protect against power-tripping staff. Whitelist
In general, a whitelist is ineffective at preventing bad guys from joining the server, creates unnecessary administrative work, and creates a barrier to legitimate players. Since launch, we have assumed everyone is a legitimate community member from the beginning while also keeping strong anti-grief controls in place. This has been very successful, with very few occurrences of grief because, almost all because the player did not claim their build. If you want to join, come right in! Rules & Moderator Guidelines
To ensure that we can easily change rules and let players know about the changes, we do not keep the server rules in our advertising posts. Instead, you can view this
page on our website that serves as the one true source for the server’s rules. In addition to server rules like most servers have, we also have written and enforced moderator guidelines
that are in place to prevent both ineffective moderation and power tripping moderators. If you feel that a moderator has violated these guidelines, you can contact the owners ([email protected]
, [email protected]
) for a swift resolution. Minimal Server Lag
The servers are located in a professional datacenter in Falkenstein, Germany. They run on a dedicated server with an i9-9900k CPU, 64 GBs of RAM, and a 1000 mbps guaranteed internet speed (both up and down). For full server specifications, see the Hetnzer EX62-NVMe. Many servers make outlandish claims about their complete lack of lag, and many don't have any lag at that moment. What they lack is a future commitment to quickly and effectively solve any and all lag problems that may arise, to the greatest extent that is possible given the realities of modded Minecraft. Extra Notes
We aim for 24/7/365 uptime, although, there are occasional automatic restarts ensure stability and to make modifications along with crashes that come with modded Minecraft. If you have any other questions, feel free to join our Discord server!
submitted by john01dav
to feedthebeastservers [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 03:37 RubixKuber Question for those with 5+ YOE - How do you go about balancing your technical skills with your inter-personal & leadership skills?
We're all technical, building stuff rocks. But I'm sure we've all also run into the BOFH
- often some of the best engineers are the absolute worst to work with, and this can put a strain on the entire team, negating the positive effects of their engineering ability.
I'm not talking about moving to management, as that doesn't interest me at all.
My question to the more experienced here - As you've progressed in your career, what are some ways that you've found to improve your leadership skills to make sure you're not only contributing at an optimal technical level, but also contributing to the team in non-technical ways - whether that be mentoring, assisting junior colleagues, organising trainings, and just generally being a "technical leader"? How have you found you've picked these skills up, and what are some pitfalls or bad habits you've learned need correction along the way?
submitted by RubixKuber
to cscareerquestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 03:22 ABuzzedWhaler Is there something similar to the zero-one principal for proving the validity of median selection networks? (not sorting networks)
For context, I recently wrote a tool that converts sorting networks to selection networks (the title says median, but really I want to be able to select any degree of order statistic from a given set) by removing comparators that don't have an effect on the desired output order statistic.
I'd like to be run unit tests on the optimized networks, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed, other than testing all n! input permutations. Given that sorting networks can be verified in only (lol) 2^n by using the zero-one principle
, I'm wondering if there's an analogous method for proving the validity of selection networks.
Thanks for reading, any responses are appreciated! :)
submitted by ABuzzedWhaler
to compsci [link] [comments]