Richmond weather radar
Weather: we all love to talk about it!
2008.05.21 03:45 Weather: we all love to talk about it!
A community for discussion and posts about weather. Mostly on Earth.
2013.04.28 05:15 czarrie (Weather) Radar Porn
A community dedicated to sharing all of your sexy weather radar hits. Fronts, tornadoes, tropical cyclones -- any and all systems are welcome!
2017.03.27 16:56 xd1936 RadarScope: Professional Grade Weather Radar
An unofficial community centered around the RadarScope apps by Weather Decision Technologies
2023.06.09 01:48 4blockhead Weekend/Virtual Meetup Thread
Here are some meetups that are on the radar, both physical and virtual:
- Sunday, June 11, 9:00a MDT: Thrive, casual discussion on zoom verify
- Sunday, June 11, 11:00a MDT: "The Good Book Club," virtual meetup for Ex/Post/Nuanced mormons to read and discuss other good books. For details contact HoldOnLucy1. Upcoming book: "Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone" by Brene Brown.
- Sunday, June 11, noon PDT: Sacramento, casual meetup at Urban Roots at 1322 V Street.
- Sunday, June 11, 11:00a MDT: Pocatello, casual meetup, location dependent on weather
- Saturday, June 10, 9:00a MDT: Salt Lake Valley, hike at Big Cottonwood Canyon. Meet at Park and Ride to decide which trail. Check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: Davis County, casual meetup at Harmons at 200 Station Pkwy in Farmington. Meet in the cafe upstairs. verify
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: North Utah County, casual meetup at Harmons at 1750 W Traverse Pkwy in Lehi. Combining AF/Saratoga Springs/Lehi meetups at new location; check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: Provo, casual meetup near the Starbucks inside of the Marriott Hotel at 101 West 100 North verify
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: Utah Valley, casual meetup at Vineyard Grove Park 350 N 100 E. in Vineyard. Check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, 12:40p MDT: Salt Lake Valley/Cottonwood Heights, a group meeting for discussing transitioning away from Mormonism at the Salt Lake City Unitarian Universalists church at 6876 South Highland Drive
- Sunday, June 11, 1:00p MDT: St. George, casual meetup of Southern Utah Post-Mormon Support Group at Switchpoint Community Resource Center located at 948 N. 1300 W. verify
Upcoming week and Advance Notice: JUNE 2023
- Saturday, June 10, 10:00a MDT: Rock Springs, casual meetup at Starbucks at 118 Westland Way verify
|Sun ||Mon ||Tue ||Wed ||Thu ||Fri ||Sat |
|. ||. ||. ||. ||1 ||2 ||3 |
|4 ||5 ||6 ||7 ||8 ||9 ||10 |
|11 ||12 ||13 ||14 ||15 ||16 ||17 |
|18 ||19 ||20 ||21 ||22 ||23 ||24 |
|25 ||26 ||27 ||28 ||29 ||30 ||. |
Beginnings of a FAQ about meetups:
|Sun ||Mon ||Tue ||Wed ||Thu ||Fri ||Sat |
|. ||. ||. ||. ||. ||. ||1 |
|2 ||3 ||4 ||5 ||6 ||7 ||8 |
|9 ||10 ||11 ||12 ||13 ||14 ||15 |
|16 ||17 ||18 ||19 ||20 ||21 ||22 |
|23 ||24 ||25 ||26 ||27 ||28 ||29 |
|30 ||31 ||. ||. ||. ||. ||. |
submitted by 4blockhead
to exmormon [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 01:41 Sweaty-Grab4062 She's really wanting that motel room 😂😂😂
2023.06.09 01:15 OxyC377 [Race Day 5 - 9th June] Bench Racing ≫ Lets talk about the races when they are happening! × Superstock & Super Twins!
| || | submitted by OxyC377 to RoadRacing [link] [comments]
- 10:30 AM (IOM Time) ⌇⌇ 11:30 (CEST) :: Solo Warm Up Session
- 11:45 AM (IOM Time) ⌇⌇ 12:45 (CEST) :: Royal London 360 Superstock Race 2 – 3 Laps
- 2:00 PM (IOM Time) ⌇⌇ 15:00 (CEST) :: Carole Nash Super Twins Race 2 – 3 Laps
Entry List https://preview.redd.it/0qyboiy4lv4b1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0d61179e4895a9f7178b9cc77c820f6edc8f087f https://preview.redd.it/hcmewt97lv4b1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=623bda6ddf2696616cd9d53e6790ccffa4765aca
INFO ABOUT QUALIFYING & PREVIOUS RACE Fastest 20 riders in qualifying on Superstock
- Peter Hickman – 133.284 mph
- Michael Dunlop – 132.728 mph
- Dean Harrison – 132.700 mph
- Davey Todd – 131.711 mph
- Jamie Coward – 130.945 mph
- James Hillier – 130.195 mph
- Conor Cummins – 129.825 mph
- Michael Browne – 129.664 mph
- Rob Hodson – 129.279 mph
- John McGuinness MBE – 128.821 mph
- Dominic Herbertson – 128.280 mph
- Jim Hind – 128.129 mph
- David Johnson – 127.465 mph
- Michael Rutter – 126.979 mph
- Craig Neve – 126.899 mph
- Brian McCormack – 126.878 mph
- Phil Crowe – 126.636 mph
- Josh Brookes – 126.404 mph
- Sam West – 126.375 mph
- Julian Trummer – 126.068 mph
More on roadracingnews.co.uk TT 2023 – Royal London 360 Superstock Race 1 Result (top 20)
- Peter Hickman
- Michael Dunlop
- Dean Harrison
- Davey Todd
- James Hillier
- Jamie Coward
- Conor Cummins
- David Johnson
- Michael Browne
- Shaun Anderson
- Brian McCormack
- Craig Neve
- Michael Rutter
- Jim Hind
- Sam West
- Paul Jordan
- Julian Trummer
- Stephen Smith
- Rob Hodson
- Raul Torras Martinez (R.I.P.)
More on roadracingnews.co.uk Fastest 20 riders in qualifying on Supertwins
- Michael Dunlop – 123.474 mph (Unofficial Twins lap record)
- Jamie Coward – 121.080 mph
- Michael Browne – 119.787 mph
- Pierre Yves Bian – 119.131 mph
- Josh Brookes – 118.559 mph
- Rob Hodson – 118.266 mph
- Paul Jordan – 117.455 mph
- Michael Rutter – 116.917 mph
- Dominic Herbertson – 116.821 mph
- Francesco Curinga – 116.131 mph
- Stefano Bonetti – 115.979 mph
- Brian McCormack – 115.568 mph
- Barry Furber – 115.444 mph
- Michael Evans – 115.376 mph
- Raul Torras Martinez – 114.823 mph
- Xavier Denis – 114.339 mph
- Paul ‘Potchy’ Williams – 114.158 mph
- Chris Moore – 114.083 mph
- Michal Dokoupil – 113.970 mph
- Jonathan Perry – 113.548 mph
Read more: roadracingnews.co.uk TT 2023 – Carole Nash Super Twins Race 1 Result (Top 20)
- Michael Dunlop
- Michael Browne
- Jamie Coward
- Peter Hickman
- Josh Brookes
- Pierre Yves Bian
- Dominic Herbertson
- Michael Rutter
- Barry Furber
- Rob Hodson
- Michael Evans
- Michal Dokoupil
- Michael Russell
- Chris Moore
- Martin Morris
- Paul ‘Potchy’ Williams
- Dave Hewson
- Jonathan Goetschy
- Miroslav Sloboda
- Paul Cassidy
Read more: roadracingnews.co.uk How to follow the races on TT+, Live Timing or Radio: ► here is ◀ all and more info.
2023.06.08 22:17 sealastheseraphim 47 super power to all and special people and at the level of boundless more then the universe itself and physical and real at all time Sean Sem 4.21.1989 6.8.2023
2023.06.08 20:23 emergencysignal1 Emergency Alert Systems: The Power of Real-Time Communication in Urgent Situations
In times of emergency, effective communication plays a crucial role in saving lives and minimizing damage. Emergency alert systems have become vital instruments in providing real-time information and warnings to individuals and groups facing severe situations. These technologies offer unmatched capabilities in monitoring and identifying potential dangers, from emergency signal devices
to sophisticated contactless sleep sensors.
In this blog, we will explore the significance of emergency alert systems, including the evolving technology behind them, such as contactless sleep sensors, and their role in enabling early warning systems for enhanced safety and response. Emergency Signal Devices
Emergency signal devices are at the forefront of alerting individuals to imminent dangers. These devices, including sirens, loudspeakers, and flashing lights, are strategically placed in public spaces, buildings, and vehicles to broadcast urgent notifications during emergencies. By promptly and clearly conveying vital information, such as evacuation instructions or impending weather hazards, emergency signal devices ensure that people are aware of potential risks and can take immediate action to protect themselves. Contactless Sleep Sensors
In specific scenarios, such as residential settings or healthcare facilities, contactless sleep sensors
have emerged as valuable tools for early warning systems. These sensors employ non-intrusive technologies, such as radar or infrared, to monitor an individual's sleep patterns and detect irregularities that may indicate an emergency situation. For instance, contactless sleep sensors can detect sudden movements, changes in breathing patterns, or abnormal heart rates during sleep, enabling immediate alerts to be sent to caregivers or emergency responders. This proactive approach enhances the chances of early intervention and assistance, particularly for individuals with medical conditions or vulnerable populations. Emergency Alert Systems Emergency alert systems
encompass a comprehensive network of communication channels, including mobile devices, televisions, radios, and public address systems, to disseminate urgent information to a wide audience swiftly. These systems are capable of delivering targeted alerts, ranging from severe weather warnings and natural disasters to terrorist threats or public safety incidents. By leveraging technology and geolocation capabilities, emergency alert systems ensure that individuals receive relevant notifications based on their current location, empowering them to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions in potentially life-threatening situations. Contactless Monitoring and Early Warning System
The advancement of technology has enabled the development of contactless monitoring and early warning systems, revolutionizing emergency preparedness and response. These systems utilize various sensors, such as video cameras, environmental detectors, and data analytics, to continuously monitor the surroundings for potential hazards. By analyzing patterns, anomalies, or critical indicators, these systems can quickly detect and alert authorities or responsible personnel about emerging threats, allowing for timely intervention and mitigating potential risks. This proactive approach to emergency management enhances public safety and aids in effective response coordination. Conclusion
Emergency alert systems have become indispensable tools in modern society, providing real-time communication and critical notifications during urgent situations. By embracing the power of real-time communication and leveraging advanced monitoring and detection capabilities, emergency alert systems contribute significantly to saving lives, minimizing damage, and enhancing overall public safety. Investing in robust emergency alert systems, contactless monitoring and emergency signals
improving ensure the well-being of individuals and communities in the face of unforeseen emergencies.
submitted by emergencysignal1
to u/emergencysignal1 [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:30 albertoZurini Clock web app with weather and photos to recycle an old iPad 2
Hello, I'd like to recycle an old iPad 2 into a clock for the kitchen with some other features, like the radar map for the weather and a slideshow with some photos.
Do you know any web app that I can use/incorporate?
submitted by albertoZurini
to selfhosted [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:06 PapaXan Experience Improvements Coming to GTA Online
As part of next week’s explosive new GTA Online update — featuring new missions, vehicles, events, and much more — we’re continuing to improve the online experience with a number of experiential updates and upgrades across all available platforms.
Here’s a brief rundown of some of the things you can expect when GTA Online: San Andreas Mercenaries
arrives on June 13:
- The ability to claim all destroyed vehicles at once when filing a Mors Mutual Insurance claim.
- Mors Mutual will no longer charge for recovering Personal Vehicles destroyed during contact missions.
- Custom description tags for garages to help quickly locate your favorite rides when calling the Mechanic.
- The ability to select from individual floors when requesting vehicles from the Eclipse Blvd Garage.
- Pressing D-Pad Right will engage Stealth Mode on the new F-160 Raiju Plane. Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) will move to L3/LS. Holding L3/LS when flying all VTOL aircraft will switch it into and out of VTOL mode.
- The option to re-request an active Mobile Operations Center, Avenger, or Terrorbyte delivered closer to your location via the Interaction Menu.
- Additional filters for Race types when browsing the Jobs Menu.
- The Willard Eudora and Albany Classique Broadway will be eligible for Taxi Work when using Taxi Liveries.
- Lesser-used vehicles will be removed from in-game websites to streamline the browsing experience. These vehicles will be made available via events showrooms, The Lucky Wheel, and other places.
- A new Register as a Boss option in the Interaction Menu, merging SecuroServ and Motorcycle Club.
- A Buy All option when purchasing Body Armor at Ammu-Nation. Rank requirements for Body Armor are also being removed.
- Body Armor will be restocked after Quick Restarting a mission, matching the same Body Armor levels as when first entering the lobby.
- When equipping Body Armor via the Weapon Wheel, the type of Armor used will be relative to how much damage the player has taken.
- When parachuting or in freefall, players will no longer receive phone calls from Tom Connors or English Dave.
- Madrazo Dispatch Services no longer requires multiple players and can be taken on solo.
- Alternative sprint control (hold to sprint) in the Settings Menu.
- Players will be able to select a name for their Acid product (via the Interaction Menu) to receive a 5% sell bonus.
- Rank requirements for Daily Objectives will be removed to allow more players to participate.
- Payouts on many Collectibles and Events — such as Buried Stashes and Treasure Chests — will be increased. We are also correcting payouts for Gerald's Last Play and A Superyacht Life upwards by 25%.
- Rebalancing weapons on the P-996 Lazer and Mammoth Hydra (Freemode only).
- The Orbital Cannon can no longer be instantly reset or refunded to prevent players from being repeatedly targeted.
Track your criminal activities with Career Progress
— a new feature that displays your progression as you rise through the criminal ranks and establish your empire. This will be accessible on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series XS from the GTA Online Main Menu or the Pause Menu, making it easier for both fresh-faced and veteran players to see all their accomplishments at a glance.
- Dozens of new props are available in all Creators, including giant License Plate Walls, eCola cans, destructible fences, underwater mines, and more.
- A Snow weather option for Deathmatches, Races, and Survivals. Plus, Halloween themed additions arriving later this year.
- Option to toggle musical score on and off.
- Option to distinguish teams by assigning Outfits.
- Deathmatches will now have options for Dynamic Teams — players can change teams when respawning and Health Drain — where players lose health over time. Plus, new radar blip options, the ability to lock time of day and weather options in the lobby, options to choose respawn time for item and weapon pickups, and much more.
- Increased number of enemy spawn points in Survivals.
- Fixture Removal will be available in the King of the Hill Creator.
- The prop limit on PC will be increased to 300.
submitted by PapaXan
to gtaonline [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:36 Individual_Mess3929 Metal Gear Remake Concepts Part 1
hese are concepts ideas I had for an Metal Gear (1987) remake which I would dub as Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Haven. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1990) would be called Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland. Both games would be long and give a lot of depth on Solid Snake's past and his relationship with Big Boss, Campbell and Gray Fox. Another game I would push for is Metal Gear Solid: The Philanthropy Chronicles.It would allow players to play as Solid Snake and his supporting cast after the events of Metal Gear Solid 2. Snake’s mission to continue taking out metal gears and track down the Patriots along with Revolver Ocelot. It would lead up to the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I will be working on Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland concepts soon.
The concept for a Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Haven (MGS6: OH):
I know its long as Metal Gear (1987) would have to be a game that is remade from the bottom up. A remake of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake would be easier since it was a rock solid game. One wouldn't have to change much from it just expand on the story, elements and characterization it has already. I would love to get feed back from fans here.
The storytelling aspect is inspired by how MGS (1998) told its story. The game would start with Otacon, a ghost writer that wrote the novel of Snake’s exploits and those that work with Snake during Operation Intrude N313 telling the events of Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Heaven to journalist they trust. We learn that Snake is paradon for his crimes and is buried as a war hero next to the grave of Big Boss. Given a Medal of Honor award and other awards from other countries for saving the world several times. The world is now knowing about his story and thus even more interested to learn of Snakes exploits during his youth. David Hayter voice being used as a recorded message from a dying Solid Snake giving accounts on what happened in Metal Gear Solid 6 and 7 along with most of his life. Snake hopes that his message and story will inspire others to be better and fight for what is right.
David Hayter wouldn’t voice a young Solid Snake as I feel a voice actor that is younger but can emulate David Hayter mannerism and his voice should do it. A young Solid Snake having a hint of innocence, nativity, vulnerability and self doubt at times.
David Hayter would voice Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland since Snake is supposed to be older and wiser. David would be able to give us this voice range and kick it out of the park including the duel against the real Big Boss.
The year is 1995, the Soviet Union has collapsed and the Cold War is now over. The threat of nuclear war is gone and the world embraces this newfound peace. However, this peace is short-lived as there are those that don’t want it. The world is engulfed with the threat of terrorism and rogue states that want to get their hands on nuclear weapons. The free world is now being threatened once again. The US Government works to combat this threat with its covert U.S. Army unit known as Fox-Hound under the leadership of the legendary war hero known as Big Boss. However, when a government agent goes missing during a mission…The agent last reports a weapon that can shake the foundations of the world known as “Metal Gear”. Big Boss sends in a rookie but talented Fox-Hound agent known as Solid Snake to learn of this new weapon. Will Snake learn the truth about this new weapon or will the world find out what Metal Gear will do if it's unleashed?
Like MGS3 there would be a Virtuous Mission in MGS6:OH.
- Solid Snake is sent in by Big Boss to sneak into Mother Boss from MGS5 via Los Angeles Class (Block 3).
- Mother Base is set to be demolished by Outer Heaven forces as they move their forces and operations to mainland Galzburg, South Africa.
- Snake’s mission to find and rescue Gray Fox and any of the kidnapped scientists that work for Dr. Madnar. Find out what Metal Gear is and take them to the extraction point aka an Helicopter Pad not in use by Outer Haven units. Afterward, deploy the fulton recovery device for extraction
- Snake learns Gray Fox is being held in South Africa at the Outer Haven main base along with Dr. Madnar and his top scientist team. His low level assistants were to be executed by Outer Heaven soldiers via demolishing Mother Base. Last, that Metal Gear is also in South Africa and that Outer Haven is planning to use a custom made ICBM nuclear tipped missile potentially on any country that threatens them.
- The mission goes bad when Snake is about to have the scientist air lifted off the ground via fulton recovery devices. The scientists are brutally gunned down by Outer Haven Elite soldiers.
- An enraged Snake takes down the Outer Haven soldiers that approach him using his hybrid but deadly CQC system and tries to air lift himself via fulton recovery device. However, he is ambushed by a masked Venom Snake aka The Masked Phantasm.
- Snake puts up one hell of a fight, hitting Venom several times to where the point where Venom can only praise Snake’s skills. However, he loses when Venom plays mind games with him including stating his full code name and kicks up off the rig.
- Mother Base is destroyed by Venom and his men. Snake is adrift at sea until he is saved by the Los Angeles Class Submarine (Block 3) that helped him infiltrate Mother Base. He is later taken back to the states for a debriefing on what happened while he recovers in a hospital.
- In this mission, Snake only has Big Boss communicating with him and does not get much support. He is given only a trap gun, his CQC knife and basic first aid kits.
- The suit he wears is similar to his sneaking suit from MGS. Only this suit is design to swim on to the Mother Base elevator platform and sneak around on the surface at night
This is where Snake goes to South Africa and has to get to Outer Haven which is a vastly HUGE heavily defended base. Potentially the best soldiers and mercenaries in the world work and defend the base. It is an official mission sponsored by Fox-Hound, NATO, CIA, NSA, UN and top members of the US Government. This means Solid Snake gets a load of equipment, gadgets and weapons for the mission.
- The briefing section for the main mission would give Escape from New York vibes. Big Boss, Lt. Colonel Roy Campell and other government officials brief Snake on his mission. It is here Snake sees his weapons, equipment and gadgets he will have for Operation:.
- Snake mission is the following: 1. Rescue Gray Fox, Kyle Schidener and Dr. Madnar. 2. Investigate War Crimes committed by Outer Haven. 3. Aid Resistance Fighters in any way possible. 4. Rescue any other hostages on the base. 5. Destroy Metal Gear and Neutralize the threat Outer Haven poses to the world. 6. Terminate the Masked Phantasm (Venom Snake)
- He is air dropped in South Africa by an C-130 gunship (Reference to Metal Gear NES/MGS3) and is ordered to meet with an Resistance fighter before moving into an areas destroyed by Outer Heaven forces via horse back
- This intro game would be similar to Rambo 3 and gives a hint on what Solid Snake will be going up against as travel though the beginning of the game seeing Outer Heaven air force units from a distance bomb villages
- The main mission would be a large map to roam around. The location being Galzburg, South Africa where the main base of Outer Haven is located at.
- When Gray Fox is rescued, he will provide support and be Snake’s mentor.
- Level boss battles will be intense and hard
- Last, Entering Outer Haven HQ will be intense and the final battle as well.
Gameplay would be a mix between MSG 3 and MSG 4 and MSG 5. It takes influence from other games like Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell and Grand Theft Auto video games along with new mechanics. The concept is to give the game a war survival horror like vibe if you’re spotted by the enemy or having trouble surviving in the wilderness.
MSG3 gameplay elements
- Like MGS3, you could change your camouflage and blend into the environment, camouflage meter, survive off the wilderness and eat foods.
- Finding food in the wilderness would boost Snake’s stamina and also assist with him getting his LIFE up when he rests. However, they would not boost his LIFE up like military rations or other foods (Three-Five star food) found in the supply depots or mess halls at Outer Haven bases would.
- The first aid system from MGS3 would play a part in the game. Solid Snake would be able to heal his wounds or stop bleeding like Big Boss did in MGS3 many decades ago. So having first aid items will be vital.
- The game would have different rations from different countries that Snake can eat from if he takes it off an Outer Haven soldier or from their supply depots. Military rations help heal Snake LIFE and give a small or moderate boost depending on the quality of the ration. (ex. American Military rations would give a moderate boost to Snake LIFE but would give a small boost to his stamina as he isn’t in favor of the rations taste. Russian rations would only give Snake a Small boost in LIFE and small boost in stamina due to its taste. Call back to MGS3. French Rations would boost Snake’s LIFE and Stamina completely which would be a call back to MSG4.)
- Different foods found on Outer Haven bases can boost Snake’s stamina up and LIFE better than Rations such as the Calorie Mate, Curry, different sodas, snacks, etc. Also, three or five star meals found in Outer Haven mess halls scatter through-out their many sub bases or garrisons. P.S. I want to have a scene where Solid Snake finds a Calorie Mate and speaks to Big Boss about it and the two have an interesting conversation about it. (Lol)
- Snake can sabotage enemy supply deports and armories to reduce the enemies ability in fighting him if spotted.
MGS4 Gameplay elements-
- Over the shoulder gameplay
- First person view and aiming down the sights
- A fluid polished gun gameplay mechanic
- Customizable weapon system, weapon attachment, swapping out and fixing inventory slot for weapons and/or inventory
- Psyche meter, this goes down when Snake is spotted too much and takes too much damage
- Currency system to upgrade weapons and get ammo when Snake runs into Resistance fighters weapon vendors
- Solid Snake having the option to assist resistance fighters or continue with his mission
- Aiding resistance fighters will help Snake during take segments of the game. They will return favors to Snake by giving him rations, weapons, other foods and ammo
- Saving hostages at Outer Haven facilities will also assist Snake and give him items or information
- Polished CQC system
- Being able to pick up ammo and weapons of dead enemy soldiers. No ID tags for the weapon.
- Polished CQC and fighting system
- Being able to operate vehicles, tanks, apcs and infantry fighting vehicles. However, enemy forces will start to respond more aggressive call in armored units or gunships to Snake out
- Ride horses
- Weather and day changes at random times, Snake can use this for his advantage
- Enemy checkpoints and small bases that Outer Haven use as buffer against intruders and Outer Haven resistance fighters
- Call in support from local Outer Heaven Resistance fighters (only if you assisted them in them battles, gained their respect and they’re nearby to help)
- Gunship helicopter patrols
- Air assault units
- Armored convoy patrol
- Snake can sabotage mini Outer Haven bases, outpost and can knock enemy communications which makes it harder for enemies to call for back up
- Sabotaging Outer Heaven outposts and their infrastructure will cause Outer Heaven to move their forces out to confront the Resistance fighters thus giving Solid Snake a chance to get past them
- Snake can smoke his Lucky Striker cigarettes to bring up his Psyche or allow time to pass by similar to what Venom Snake did with his E-Cigars in MSG5
Splinter cell element-
- The game would allow players/Solid Snake to use stealth mechanics similar to that game to get by or attack Outer Heaven soldiers
- This also means hiding in the shadows and sometimes staying out of the light
Grand Theft Auto elements-
- Like GTA games, if you do too much damage to the police they get more aggressive.
- It would be no different when you fight Outer Haven soldiers as they will start to send in more elite soldiers with better weapons and armor.
- They will also be able to be armored units or mechanized units and gunships would be sent to kill Snake.
- Worse, Air strikes and heavy artillery strikes as well. Some OH units would deploy bi-pedal armor vehicles and jet packs along with guard dogs.
- This would strongly support the stealth element of the game and give it a war horror movie vibe if you get spotted by the enemy. It doesn’t matter how many good weapons you have on you. You will be overwhelmed by Outer Heaven soldiers and will die if you get spotted multiple times.
- This would be similar to what you see in GTA if too many law enforcement agents continue to swarm on you
New Gaming mechanics -
- Non-linear gameplay- meaning random patrols of Outer Soldiers can occur the closer you get to Outer Haven HQ
- Open world map. Goal is to give fans the immersion that the red dead redemption games gave. Basically the Outer Heaven is like a large country in and of itself
- Game would reward you for not being spotted and embracing the stealth elements of the game. This means you will encounter less Outer Heaven patrols in the game and they won’t be heavily geared up when doing them
- If Snake gets spotted too much in the game, Outer Heaven soldiers will be more hype vigilante, heavily armed and geared up. They will change their patrol tactics to make it difficult for Snake to sneak around. Worse double up on patrols or have support from armored units, gunships or unmanned drones.
- Stealth take down system. Snake can perform lethal or non-lethal takedowns rambo style when his enemies get close. The players can make the decision on which take down to use.
- Snake can switch his fighting system from CQC to the various martial arts he knows. If multiple soldiers are near him he can use CQC or use standard martial arts when fighting enemies that can counter his CQC based attacks.
- He can use a CQC take down on enemies not paying attention to him or other forms of melee takedowns.
- This is to showcase how skilled Snake is when it comes to fighting
- Different locations have points that are controlled by the Outer Haven Resistance fighters and Outer Heaven soldiers
- The game will reward players for assisting Outer Heaven resistances and sabotaging Outer Heaven bases
- Liberate occupied villages under Outer Heaven soldiers occupation or avoid them, go though abandoned villages or resistance fighter controlled villages
- The closer you get to Outer Haven, the more patrols and mini bases run by Outer Heaven soldiers you will encounter. This means the game will get very difficult real quick.
- Outer Heaven patrols will be random at time depending on how many times you have raised the alarms or not during your mission
- Caution mode would contribute to this but there will be more patrols if you cause yourself to enter caution phase too much
- The travel to Outer Haven’s main HQ is to parallel MSG3 when Big Boss had to travel to Gronznyj Grad. It short, Snake travels to Outer Haven would be an epic long high adrenaline rush journey to defeat Venom Snake and destroy TX-55 Metal Gear
- South Africa’s map would be vast and large. It is filled with its soft and rough terrain. Snake can use this to his advantage but so can Outer Heaven Soldiers
- Players will have the option to either go to Outer Heaven outpost or avoid them by using the rough terrain to get around the outpost
- Gray Fox will assist Snake in certain parts of the game and provide support either though radio or combat support to take down a level boss.
- At times, Snake and Gray Fox would work together to take down Outer Haven patrols
- The final part of the game involves Solid Snake and Gray Fox having to fight hordes of Elite Outer Heaven soldiers as they fight to stop Venom Snake from using TX-55 to fire a completed experimental long range ICBM nuclear missile on the Patriots
- Last, Solid Snake vs Venom Snake. Venom proclaims that he is Big Boss to Snake after taking off his mask and the two fight. The rest is history.
- The final battle is to parallel the battle between The Boss and Big Boss. Intense gunfight and CQC fight between the two. Snake needs to use an experimental rocket launcher made by Outer Haven to kill Venom Snake
- After beating the game, you can play as Gray Fox and see the story though his eyes and how he is informed by the Real Big Boss to assist Snake and help him take down Venom Snake.
- Being able to blend into the environment Rambo/Navy SEAL tier One style to either get past enemies or take them down one by one
- Snake would have a booby trap system inspire the Rambo movies to help ambush soldiers or distract them while they go to aid wounded soldiers.
- Snake can create ghillie suits to hide from enemy soldiers, covertly sneak past them or use it to ambush them
- Players would have multiple options on how to enter Outer Heaven outpost and the main HQ
- The weapons in the game will be from late 60s to mid 90s. Weapons form both Soviet Union, Warsaw Pact, China and NATO countries. This goes from handgun, submachines, assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, and anti tank weapons. Last, grenades and mines.
- Weapons can be customizable for Snake to use if he finds the attachment for the weapons or finds an resistance fighter vendor that is nearby to upgrade his weapons
- Enemies use weapons fitted for the environment that they operate it and it's at random the types they use
- Some weapons will be custom built weapons that don’t exist in the real world to be the spirit of the previous Metal Gear Solid game.
- Some weapons will allow Snake to use his CQC techniques or basic melee attacks with weapons
Snake’s Gadgets/Tools for the main mission where he gets official support
- Snake's suit is a combination of late 80s and 90s US Army Special Forces attire but modified.
- 90s tactical vest. It can be upgraded for Snake to carry more ammo and to take more damage as time goes on
- Custom built MP5SD6 with a folding stock, an Beretta 92FS with an tactical flashlight/laser sighting, also can be fitted with an suppressor and MK.22 Trap gun. The weapons are modded so he can use his CQC skills
- A small pack that allows Snake to carry items. This can be increased by upgrading it in the game
- Motion-sensing radar that allows him to track enemy soldiers, a precursor to Soliton Radar. It acts more like a sonar device then radar
- Mountain climbing equipment
- Combat Scuba gear (can be refilled by going outer heaven supply deports)
- Snake has a advanced long range radio and a wireless headset to communicate with his team
- Wire cutters
- Different camouflages and face paint to wear
- Idroid like device but advanced
- Fox Hound adaptation of INT-SCOPE but more advanced and has the ability for Snake to switch to different fields of view including Night Vision and Thermal Infrared. Last, a camera system for Snake to take pictures
- INT-SCOPE can be used to help Snake what tier Outer Heaven Soldier that he is dealing with and help him plan acquiring and allow him to listen in
- Tactical flashlights
- Tools to create ghillie suits
- CQC knife
- Survival Knife used for melee take downs
- Limited Fox-Hound issued MRE rations to restore life and stamina along with restore psyche
- A blue bandana that Big Boss gives him
- Vehicles found in the game are jeeps, armored tank, tanks, APCs, artillery vehicles and helicopters along with jets from the late 70s to mid 90s
- Unmanned vehicles that didn’t exist in the mid 90s
- The end of the 80s going into a new era aka the 90s.
- Desert Storm and the aftermath of the war
- The politics behind America being the only SuperpoweHype-power in the 90s
- Child Soldiers, Solid Snake being one.
- NATO, its organization expanding and the conflicts it was involved in though peacekeeping missions
- The fall of the Soviet Union, end of the Cold War, and Post-Cold War politics/events
- The rise of new technology, internet, movies, music CGI and upcoming digital age in the 90s
- The rise of global terrorism and rogue states
- The threat terrorism and rogue states pose and the fear of them getting their hands on nuclear weapons. A true big fear of the 90s going into the 2000s
- Coming of age soldiesecret agent/legend (Solid Snake)
- The Rambo movie series since Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake were heavily influenced by the first three Rambo movies.
- 80s and 90s James Bond movies. Mostly Goldeneye since it follows post-cold war.
- Die Hard movies series, gun battles and intensity between the characters and death defining odds
- Hardboiled (1992), the gun battle that Solid Snake and Gray Fox will have against the swarm of Outer Haven elite soldiers would be heavily influenced off the final gun battle from this movie.
- Running Man, the Boss level villains being similar in design to the villains from the movie, only less colorful, evil like, aggressive and more tactical in fighting.
- Face Off (1997) - action scenes
- Escape from New York, since the first game was influenced by the movie. The main mission where Solid Snake goes to South Africa with official support will give off this type of vibes including the mission briefing he is given as he looks at his equipment.
- The Rock (1996), action scenes and the relationship that Sean Connery as John Patrick Mason and Nicolas Cage as Stanley Goodspeed, FBI. Its similar to the relationship Gray Fox and Solid Snake will have.
- The music for the game would be influenced by the previous MGS games, Rambo movies, Syphon filter and action movies from the 90s. Mixed bag of tones to give different vibes for the game
- The music will be atmospheric in nature as you move around Mother Base and later South Africa
- One set of music to make you feel like a spy, other half giving you the false sense of safety, other places the music will make you feel like your in a warzone and/or being chased
- Real world music from the 80s and 90s that players can listen to when they find a Sony Discman D-145 (1995) laying around or Sony walkmans
- Real world music would 80s - 1995, Rock, Pop, Alternative Rock, R&B, Mainstream hits, Rap, Jaxx and etc. Can listen to game music as well on either device when you the player find them.
- David/Solid Snake:
- A child soldier of sorts. He spent his life being fostered by different foster parents (Patriot handlers) until he reached the age of 6. After that, Solid Snake was trained though-out most of his life by his many handlers at an US Army run school.
- In the US Army run school (Patriots involvement), he was made to engage in a mix of U.S. infantry, Airborne infantry, U.S. Army Ranger, Green Beret and Delta Force style harsh training. Add in the school making him learn different languages at a young age.
- On days he didn’t do military training, Snake was made to endure intense academic schooling. It was here Snake was pushed to understand the general knowledge of Science, Math, Reading, English, Writing, Workshop Skills at a High School to College level. In addition, understand how to operate most vehicles as well.
- At age 18, he was later placed in the US Army as a 2LT to a Green Beret Unit. The Patriots and his handlers, changed his age date so that he was capable of joining the unit and being a junior officer. He is second in command of the unit and sent to fight in Desert Storm (1990-1991).
- Solid Snake had a short but very successful career in the US Army through the multiple successful missions he completed in that war.
- His missions involved him destroying multiple SCUD launchers, sabotaging Iraqi supply lines, disputing their communication lines, assassination or capturing of top Iraqi officers, and deep reconnaissance within Iraq. His unit would also take part in aiding in liberating Kuwait.
- He is awarded a Silver Star and promotion to Captain before personally being recruited into Fox-Hound by Big Boss himself.
- Big Boss and Roy Campell were coordinating Fox-Hound operations in Desert Storm which is why they knew of Snake’s exploits and saw him as a candidate for the unit.
- Prime Solid Snake is a force to reckon with and is considered to be the best all around Fox-Hound agent along with being the finest practitioner of CQC next to Big Boss and The Boss.
- Big Boss states to Gray Fox at the end of the game that Snake could defeat The Boss with ease had they had fought in a straight hand to hand duel in the 1960s. In short, this is Big Boss way of humbling Gray Fox and telling him to NOT underestimate Snake for when the time comes for Fox to kill him (Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake events).
- Snake’s CQC is unique and deadly in design due to his expert knowledge of various different martial arts from his youth, his mastery of Close Quarter Battle (CQB) and knowledge of CQC handed down to him by Big Boss. Snake incorporates many different forms of Martial Arts to his style of CQC where he adds in striking (punching and kicking), fake or faints, foot work, clinch, ground fighting and grappling.
- Despite being inexperienced, Snake makes up for this by being sure of his skills and not being afraid to pull the trigger. Snake’s real fear is that he is going up against experienced killers and soldiers by himself who can kill him
- Snake’s relationship with Gray Fox is similar to the relationship to what we saw in MGS2 between Solid Snake and Raiden. Only a young Solid Snake is more badass when compared to a young Raiden
- Snake’s relationship to Roy Campell is similar to what we see in MGS. However, the two become friends quickly due to the experiences they share being involved in Desert Storm.
- Roy Campell encourages Snake not to give up and to be sure of himself. He also calms down an enraged Snake when they learn that Big Boss is behind everything.
- Solid Snake's relationship with Big Boss is similar to The Boss and Naked Snake in MGS3 but a lot longer as Big Boss continues to “support” Solid Snake with his mission.
- Fox-Hound, NATO, CIA, FBI and NSA start to put the pieces together that Big Boss is behind everything. He goes off the air and Venom Snake confronts Solid Snake. Rest is history after that.
- He is the commander of Fox-Hound and re-organizes the covert special forces unit to combat terrorism and rogue states trying to get their hands on nuclear weapons.
- This was a fear in the 90s and Big Boss being a legendary war hero made him the perfect pick to be the leaders of the organization again
- Under his leadership, Fox-Hound is successful in taking out world terrorists, international arms dealers, their backs and having them arrest by allied countries
- Big Boss and Roy Campell are awarded medals for their efforts
- Big Boss holds the simulated rank of a One Star General in within Fox-Hound due to his vast war experience, successful missions and saving the world several times over
- We learn of Big Boss past and how he was an top NCO before MGS3 before being given an rank of officer
- Big Boss personally trains Solid Snake and passes his legacy down to him after Snake accepts an open challenge to spare him and hits Big Boss multiple times before losing.
- This is a tradition Big Boss would offer recruits during his command. The challenge was that he would train any recruit as his solo student if they could hit him in sparring. Only Snake was the only recruit to do so in Fox-Hound.
- Big Boss does care for Solid Snake in a bizarre way and doesn’t want to see him killed unless it's by his hands which he is secretly plotting to do.
- In the virtuous and main mission, Big Boss provides support to Solid Snake by giving him advice from his war time experience, how to survive in sneaking around Outer Haven and how to survive off the land.
- During Boss battles, Big Boss goes off the air, leaving Campell to assist.
- Everyone becomes suspicious of Big Boss when they discover his spy plane has disappeared off radar and it is not far from Outer Haven.
- Worse, when intelligence agencies learn that Big Boss was sending message to Outer Heaven HQ (Gray Fox) but they are unaware of who
- They create an warrant for his arrest and the rest is history after Venom Snake dies
Roy Campbell :
- He isn’t a full bird colonel yet and is an Lt. Colonel. He is second in command of Fox-Hound.
- Big Boss trusted Campell because of the events they shared in MSG:PO and the vast amount of experience he has in counter-terrorism missions to black ops in taking out terrorists leaders.
- Campbell quickly befriends Solid Snake due to their shared war experiences in Desert Storm.
- Campbell is a skilled tactician and strategist, and is heavily supportive of Solid Snake. He gives Snake (Player) hints and clues to move around in the game. In addition, information on weapons and vehicles.
- Last, he gives ideas on how to destroy level bosses
- He was on a mission to assassinate Venom Snake after Big Boss discovered that Venom wants to use Nuclear Weapons against Patriot run countries that would trigger a nuclear war. Of course, official members of Fox-Hound are unaware of this and believe he is investigating Outer Haven to learn if they’re involved with terrorists.
- He fails his mission that Big Boss assigned to him and is captured by Venom Snake after losing a fight against him.
- Venom spares his life and threatens that if he escape, he will personally take him out next time.
- After being feed by Solid Snake, Gray Fox is ordered by Big Boss in secret to assist Snake in taking out Venom and later assassinate Snake to cover up everything at Outer Heaven.
- However, Gray Fox is unable to help Snake take out Venom after being cut off by a swarm of Outer Haven soldiers. He instead sacrifices himself so that Snake can stop Venom from launching nukes from Metal Gear TX-55. Later, fakes his death so he could return to the real Big Boss and help with Zainabarland
- After beating the game, you can play as Gray Fox and see the story through his eyes. Learn more about him, his fighting style and how he assists Solid Snake
- His fighting is mixed between his fighting style as Null (MGS:PO), CQC concepts Big Boss passed to him, Knife fighting style and pro gun fighting skills.
Venom Snake/Big Boss
- Venom Snake would have a huge makeover since the events of Metal Gear Solid 5. He has been given nanomachines so that he can survive future medical surgery and look more like Big Boss and stand in for him.
- The horn in his head is removed which almost kills him but the nanomachines prevent this and heal him. They also grant him superhuman abilities that turn him into a super-soldier of sorts. His bionic hand is replaced with a more human-like bionic hand.
- The nanomachines are a precursor to what Vamp would have many years later. Only Venom’s nanos won’t bring him back from the dead, just heal him faster. However, the side effects is that the nanos in him are making him mentally unhinged
- He is given a new sneaking suit to help harness his new abilities and provide extra protection for him. Snake would need to use an Anti-Tank rifle or Anti-Tank rocket launcher to take him out.
- He is not the same man he was in MSG5. He is more militant towards the Patriots, ruthless and cold blooded. A pure demon at this point and isn’t afraid to commit war crimes or allow his men to do so.
- Venom’s prime mission is to destroy the Patriots and nations they run via nuclear strike using TX-55 Metal Gear. However, he knows that Outer Haven will be hit by NATO countries.
- This causes a rift between Venom and Big Boss. Venom sees Big Boss as being weak and is not willing to do enough to destroy the Patriots and is not willing to do whatever it takes to do so.
- However, the rift is created by Master Miller who kept his promise to help make the sons of Big Boss and Venom Snake stronger then Big Boss
- The rift gets so bad that Big Boss suspects Venom is not being loyal to him anymore and sends in Gray Fox to find out what Venom is doing leading to Metal Gear (1987) events and to assassinate him. Fox fails and loses to Venom in a fight. Venom shows mercy and has Fox locked at a maximum security brig at the Outer Haven prison site.
- A Venom Snake respects Solid Snake as he sees how skilled he is but he also plays mind games with him by hinting his relationship to Big Boss.
- He now wears a mask when he goes out in battlefields to fight aside his men so as to keep Big Boss identity hidden. He is dubbed the Masked Phantasm by world intelligence agencies. As far as the world is concerned, nobody knows who the Masked Phantasm is. Some people think he is a student of Big Boss due to CQC abilities. Near the end, he takes the mask off to reveal to Solid Snake who he is Big Boss (fake one).
- Last, we will know of the tragic story of Venom Snake and how really wanted to be a doctor after his contract with Militaires Sans Frontières end.
- Sadly, no one will ever know about Venom Snake and the man he was before his tragic events.
- He will apologize via radio to Big Boss asking his forgiveness and informs him that Solid Snake is not a man but a demon of their own making. Last, he correctly predicts that Snake will defeat the Patriots and do what they failed to do right before the Outer Haven based self destructs.
- Developer of Outer Haven and help with building the base. Later, becomes the leader of the Outer Haven resistance force in South Africa after learning of Outer Haven’s war crimes in the region.
- He is captured and the resistance fighters try to scramble to rescue him. They agree to help Fox-Hound and Solid Snake in exchange for the safe return of their leader
- Knows where most of the weapons, foods and other important items are on the base will inform Snake on where to find them.
- Also inform Snake of where vital security checkpoints are and more are located at.
- Is caught in the explosion when NATO destroys what is left of Outer Haven. He is saved by the Real Big Boss.
- He will tragically become the Black Ninja and this leads to the event of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake where he will seek revenge against the world for what has happened to him.
- She is the sister of Kyle Scheider. She took it upon herself to go and rescue her brother despite not being a soldier or warrior.
- She disguises herself as a nurse and sneaks into the base. She assist Snakes with information and where weapons are at.
- The original game doesn't say what happened to her. So I have her help Solid Snake escape and they watch Outer Haven from a distance get destroyed with NATO delivering air strikes on reminding Outer Haven bases
- She is present when Solid Snake is giving a medal for completing the mission by President Bill Clinton
- The two have a brief relationship before he moves to Canada to be an undercover CIA agent
- Snake helps her find a job in America for her helping him and getting her a green card to stay in America
Drago Pettrovich Madnar
- A Goth Punk rocker that has a band called Thin Wall. She performed for Outer Haven several times and knows about the base
- She assists Snake with giving information on Outer Haven bases and the main HQ. Also, info on the mercenaries that operate the bases and informs him of the weakness of the Bosses in the game.
- She has a crush on Solid Snake and is in her early 20s.
- She is present for Solid Snake getting a medal for completing the mission
- The developer of the first Metal Gear. His project, himself, his scientist and his daughter are taken hostage by Outer Heaven soldiers
- He is being used to complete TX-55 Metal Gear and develop an custom built nuclear tipped ICBM that can be fired from Metal Gear
- Informs Solid Snake on how to take out Metal Gear He is taken off base by Jennifer after Snakes saves him
- He informs the US Government to send Snake his regards fos saving him
- The daughter of Dr. Madnar. She is being used as a tool to force Dr. Madnar on continuing his work on TX-55 Metal Gear
- She is saved by Snake and escorted off the base by Jennifer
- She is present for Snake getting a medal for completing the mission and stands in for her father
- Expert in science, engineering and responsible for making all of the gadgets Fox-Hound has
- He is also aware of the weapon systems, gadgets and tools that Outer Heaven Soldiers use
- Son of Donald Anderson
- Gameplay mechanic, he is charge of saving the game for you when you contact him
- Would return in Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibar Land and Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy Chronicles to aid Snake. In Philanthropy Chronicles he aids Snake to atone for the sins of his father. He would go into hiring with Snake’s afterwards which is why there is no mention of him in MGS4
- He would leave Fox-Hound after the Zanzibarland incident and work for the CIA as a gadget builder
submitted by Individual_Mess3929
to metalgearsolid [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:01 bakert12 Update changelog
Introduced a new map module: DCS: Sinai Introduced a new campaign:
UH-1H The Huey Last Show Campaign by SorelRo
- Infantry no longer smoke when injured or killed
- ME. Weather widget: Broken alignment. Not enough space for strings - fixed
- Ships. Arleigh Burke aft launcher is missing the 'boom' sound when the SM-2 missile is fired - fixed
- ME. Mission Editor freezes when creating a new group - fixed
- AI Aircraft. AV-8B. Incorrect deck landing and takeoff in some cases - fixed
- AI Aircraft. AV-8B can't take off from FARP and sea shelf objects - fixed
- GUI Error when try to select track in some cases - fixed
- Ground units. In some situations, the collision of a bullet and a unit is not registered - fixed.
- MP. Server CTD if the client is destroyed due to a trigger and the client leaves the server - fixed.
- Historical mode. Egyptian list of units tuned.
- MP. There is no confirmation window when exiting the MP via the role selection menu - window added
- ME. ATC always shows AM radio modulation even if scene role set to FM - fixed
- AI Aircraft. MiG-31 will be able to simultaneously launch up to four R-33 missiles to four targets.
- Improved rendering of sea water surface in FLIR.
- ME. Aircraft payload view will stay open when "Additional Properties" tab is open.
- FLIR. South Atlantic Map IR render is adjusted.
- AI Aircraft. AI fighters will attack specialized interceptors like MiG-31 type if they are tasked with attacking fighters.
- MP. Server CTD on unit:destroy when player controlled - fixed
- Incorrect display of the horizon visibility boundary in TV mode of targeting pods - adjusted
- VR. Left eye has issues with lights on terrain and buildings - fixed lightmap applying in multi-viewport setup
- ME. MK-84 and some other bombs are missing in the Bomb in Zone Condition of trigger - fixed
- MP. Dedicated Server: slot spamming causes 100% CPU load and server unreachable - Fixed
DCS: F-16C Viper by Eagle Dynamics
- Added Velocity Search With Ranging (VSR) - Instruction video DCS: F-16C and F/A-18C Velocity Radar Modes Update (COMING SOON)
- Added MTR LO (71 knots) and HI (110 knots) function from CTRL (knots) page of FCR for radar AA modes
- Added Sinai IA Instant Action missions
- Fixed: Markpoint created from FCR GM has large offset from what is designated
- Fixed: Offset Aimpoint altitude is entered from DED with negative values
- Fixed: ASEC and DLZ persists in FCR after switching to NAV mode
- Fixed: TGP Mark point incorrect in weapon MAN mode
- Fixed: ACM 30x20 locking outside the HUD limits.
- Fixed: IAS incorrect on Marianas with very high head winds
- Fixed: Radar able to track targets that are terrain masked
- Updated BFM Instant Action Mission
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics
- Added Velocity Search (VS) - Instruction video DCS: F-16C and F/A-18C Velocity Radar Modes Update (COMING SOON)
- Added Sinai IA Missions
- Fixed: Enabling one-look raid removes target offboard information
- Fixed: Stuck B sweep on the edge of the DDI after locking on to the target
- Fixed: Slewing after Offset designation moves the WP symbol on the HSI
- Fixed: Extrapolated radar trackfiles continue to update the AIM-120 with the true position of the target
- Fixed: Precise coordinates discrepancy between F10 map and the cockpit
- Fixed: TWS won't show a trackfile until 6 raw hits (bricks) are detected
- Fixed: AZ/EL and RDR ATTK pages show info for jamming target
- Fixed: Offset symbol moves in SA page
- Fixed: SA page shows HAFUs ranked as 0, for trackfiles below rank 9
- Fixed: Stepping away from first track file takes two presses
- Fixed: Training mission carrier moves when it should be static
- Fixed: Airspeed in HUD on Marianas is doubled in very high head winds
- Fixed: Time on Target seems too fast when setting ground speed
- Fixed: Radar able to track targets that are terrain masked
- Updated Hornet BFM Instant Action missions
DCS: AH-64D by Eagle Dynamics
- Made it possible for AI to use IAT
- Added Sinai IA Instant Action missions
- Added Windshield wipers clear rain drops
- Added for AGM-114L new icon for ME
- Fixed: George manoeuvres are not predictable and almost deadly
- Fixed: LST switch in front cockpit moved to A in cold starts (auto-start and manual starts)
- Fixed: AGM-114L seem to fail to hit targets fired while aircraft is moving
- Fixed: APU desync between PLT and CPG
- Fixed: "George" will say "in range" when it is not
- Fixed: Player-CPG cannot launch AGM-114L after AGM-114K
- Fixed: George evaluate LT switch position when Player leaves CPG seat
- Fixed: Yaw limit after you don't launch AGM-114L at once
- Fixed: Constraint box fixed after last missile
- Fixed: George launched AGM-114L from 9km when in weapons free mode
- Fixed: AGM-114 typo in weapon label
- Fixed: FCR defaults to wrong mode in specific power on conditions
DCS: Mi-24P Hind by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: Radio desync in multicrew
- Fixed: R-863 radio does not turn on channel 11 on Pilot-Operator seat in multicrew
- Added: Quick Start missions for Sinai map
DCS: UH-1H Huey by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: Minigun animation is missing in MT
- Fixed: WIP Throttle control over FCU logic for new engine model. (Before helicopter would be able to takeoff on throttle idle)
- Fixed: WIP Fuel consumption tuning after new engine model implementation
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight by Eagle Dynamics
- Added: Quick Start missions for Sinai map
- Fixed: Crash caused by asymmetrical gunpods jettison
DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: MT - long range lineup light not visible
- Fixed: Deck markings not showing in mission editor MT
DCS: FW 190A-8 by Eagle Dynamics
- Pitot light indicator now works without ground power (pitot heating functions still have known issues)
- Fixed: Double bind for Start Switch
DCS: FW 190D-9 by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: Double bind for Start Switch
DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations
- NEW: Added over 100 user requested keybinds (with special thanks to Munkwolf et al.).
- Does not affect existing keybinds.
- RB-05 Overhaul:
- Fixed RB-05 only able to be steered with radar in A0.
- Fixed launched RB-05s automatically setting radar to A0 (without moving the switch).
- Fixed subsequent launches sending the first missile to Valhalla.
- Fixed steering commands being sent to the missile beyond 30s.
- Included several BK-90 fixes:
- Fixed STD switch erroneously affecting pattern setting.
- Inhibited display of BK-90 HUD symbology above 500m.
- Max distance release cue not showing correctly.
- Added U-22 Jammer Mode E (always transmits).
- Added non-tracer AKAN gunpod.
- Fixed Jammer warmup not being skipped during hotstart.
- Fixed U-22 (old) warning light not showing during warmup.
- Fixed X-TANK BRÄ light showing <50% RPM instead of <70%.
- Fixed airbrakes not auto-retracting with landing gear releasing.
- Added feature that allows airbrakes to be stopped in an intermediate position.
- Added “_(...)” to keybinds for l10n. Now keybinds are localizable.
DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations
- NEW: Major Ground Handling and Suspension Overhaul Phase 2:
- Significant suspension and ground handling qualities update.
- Increased Brake Torque.
- Adjusted kneel actuator rate.
- Completely redone strut forces and dynamics.
- Adjusted kneel spring energy.
- Fixed aircraft spawning kneeled on carrier hot starts.
- All hot starts now spawn with the parking brake engaged.
- Adjusted default takeoff trim for carrier spawns.
- Fixed incorrect delay in ejection sequence.
- EIG brightness adjusted with ambient illumination.
DCS: JF-17 by Deka Ironwork Simulations
- Fixed: SMS supports for PL-12
- Added: Weapon Qualification missions
DCS: SA-342M Gazelle by Polychop Simulations
SA342 - Common to all
- Updated external textures to PBR standard
- Added raindrops on canopy
- Interior lighting and reflections updated
- Flight model
- Entirely rewritten FM
- Overhauled engine and rotor behaviours
- Updated mass and payload mass parameters
- Many new behaviours added or reworked (ground effect, flapback/blowback, retreating blade stall, density altitude, ETL…)
- Engine surge effect from rapid collective movement added
- Force Feedback support added
- Removed ‘Easier Controls’ special option
- Removed ‘Rudder Trimmer’ special option (replaced with new trim options)
- New trim options for cyclic and pedal behaviour when using ‘Force Trim Interrupt’
- None - has no effect
- Instant - trim position instantly set to current cyclic/pedal position
- Fade In/Fade Out - trim position will move to current cyclic/pedal position over short time period (<1sec) (also applies to ‘Trimmer Reset’)
- Applied upon Recentering - trim position will apply instantly only when cyclic/pedal position is recentered
- Updated controls indicator
- Red marker shows control position
- Grey marker shows trim position
- Autopilot markers removed for further consideration
- Updated/added network animations
- Implemented IFF panel (limited functionality)
- Updated autopilot system
- Airspeed/Altitude hold mode removed for further consideration
- “Auto-collective” removed for further consideration
- Added light indicators for auto-hover (CSV) and heading-align (ALV) autopilot modes
- Autopilot master switch will not engage/will disengage if pitch, roll or yaw SAS disabled
- Added smoke display system
- Smoke launchers can be equipped in the rearm/refuel screen
- Smoke launchers have a new input to toggle on/off
- Collective can be hidden by clicking on base of collective
- Added tablet navigation aid
- Tablet can be disabled from mission editor
- Tablet provides map, heading, airspeed and groundspeed GPS information
- Updated slip ball to be less erratic
- Fuel warning light now flickers if below 80L
- Added new weapons:
- 2x/4x Mistral
- 2x/4x HOT3
- HMP400 gunpods (100, 200, 400)
- Selectable GIAT M621 20mm
Replaced Viviane screen with periscope sight
- Replaced Viviane control panel with periscope control board
- Periscope provides two zoom levels
- Toggleable gyro stabilisation
- Selectable reticles for estimating distance
- Connected to ‘VIS’ mode on Artificial Horizon same as Viviane
- Pilot sight can be hidden by clicking on mounting of pilot sight
- AI now able to fire HOT3 missiles
- Added ground crew option to remove doors
- Added option to shoot multiple pylons if the weapon is from the same type
- Viviane camera code overhauled
- Viviane multicrew synchronisation improved
- AI now able to fire HOT3 missiles
- Removed playable version (now replaced by SA342L)
- Removed Custom Cockpit options
- Added special option to decouple minigun from head/camera view
- Added inputs for keyboard/joystick control of minigun
- Added inputs for mouse control of minigun
- Added clickables and inputs for minigun safety, sight powebrightness and IR laser
SA342 Known issues and work in progress
- Auto-hover (CVS and ALV modes) are work in progress and may not function reliably yet
- PBR overhaul is a work in progress. Most liveries will look too glossy until they have custom RoughMet textures applied. This will happen over the next few DCS World updates.
- Our in-house Mistral ATAM has been replaced by ED’s which is very susceptible to flares.
- Mistral ATAM tubes protective cap not yet animated
DCS Mirage F1 by Aerges
Short range IR missiles:
- Fixed AIM-9J lock-on audio not being heard.
- Sidewinder missile will not perform SEAM (scan pattern) anymore as this mode was not implemented in the real F1.
- 'Cannon 600/Identification P' throttle button will now uncage Sidewinder missiles (except AIM-9B). If no target was detected at this moment, the seeker head will drift randomly following the background IR heat. The seeker will return to the boresight once the 'Cannon 600/Identification P' button is released. I.e. if a target is tracked, the button must be held pressed to keep the seeker on the target.
- AIM-9JULI launch delay was reduced to 0.4 seconds (AIM-9B/P/J still have 0.8 seconds).
- Magic 1 and 2 scan now is a 5 degrees wide rectangular pattern.
- Fixed Magic missile scan pattern. Sometimes the scan pattern size was excessively increased.
- Updated Magic missiles instantaneous seeker FOV. It is now 3.4 degrees wide.
- Wingtip missile energization switch now always spawns in ON position.
- Wingtip missile cooling time increased.
Flight model and control system:
- Adjusted yaw damper response (both amplitude and frequency).
- Adjusted wake turbulence behaviour. Now the aircraft won’t be so much affected by turbulence in yaw.
- Fixed control stick slow jitter in some situations when AP was connected.
- Fixed autopilot roll issues that caused disconnection in MP (and in SP after a longer time).
Gyroscope system fixes:
- Fixed bug that impeded full alignment of the gyros if the Gyro mode switch is moved out of stop before the aircraft has AC power.
- Gyro failure overhaul:
- Added new gyroscope related failures.
- Fixed general gyroscopic central failure (it now works as described in the manual’s failures section).
- Changed CAP (heading) failure light logic to no longer depend on the attitude gyroscope state.
Various systems changes:
- Fixed missing decimals in loaded radio presets.
- Increased alternator overheating time.
- BARAX lights test logic will be always working now, disregarding the system test status.
- INS overhaul (first step):
- Improved alignment steps and precision in all modes.
- Accelerating during alignment now generates a malfunction in the INS and requires full realignment.
- Fixed ALCM mode.
- Corrected oxygen test logic to follow manual description. Now the needle moves from full to empty to full again until the test button is depressed.
- Fixed oxygen indication energization logic. Now, when pressing the OXY TEST button, the oxygen indicator will be energized by the emergency AC bus 1 instead of the main AC bus 2, thus allowing the oxygen level to be read with the engine off.
- Fixed Standby Horizon attitude reference symbol movement with keyboard inputs.
- Fixed initial position of the ejection seat clickspot before it is pressed for the first time.
3D model and textures:
- Fixed the size of white dots in the Autopilot control panel.
- Fixed circuit breaker label (C de GYRO circuit breaker was incorrectly called NAV).
- Improved BR-250 bomb texture.
- Fixed the spherical indicator, it now shows the correct pitch attitude.
- Fixed the standby horizon, it now shows the correct pitch attitude.
- Updated the Flight Manual.
- Updated the startup training mission: Highlighted the NWS high sensitivity button. Specified that the "I" key on the keyboard sets the throttle to idle.
- Added PHIMAT chaff pod to versions CT, CR, ED, BD, EQ, BQ. (Only visual for now).
- Added Stick Hide/Unhide keybind.
DCS: C-101 Aviojet by AvioDev
- AIM-9M launch delay was reduced to 0.4 seconds.
- Magic 1 and 2 scan now is a 5 degrees wide rectangular pattern.
- Fixed Magic missile scan pattern. Sometimes the scan pattern size was excessively increased.
- Updated Magic missiles instantaneous seeker FOV. It is now 3.4 degrees wide.
- Fixed missing decimals in loaded radio presets.
- Fixed startup training mission (EN, ES and CN). The aileron control test trigger should now work.
DCS: Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics
- Double pylons with B-8 rockets don't work on Su-27/33 - fixed
DCS: Black Shark 3 by Eagle Dynamics
- ME. Incorrect mass of payloads - fixed
- MP. 2011 version instead of 2022 when looking at other clients - fixed
- Rotor gearbox sounds updated
DCS: Combined Arms by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed - Player can't use HE shells in the second stage if in the first stage set 0 HE shells.
- Fixed - "Zero-sight" mask in iso-view IR or NVG on MBT Abrams.
DCS: Normandy 2.0 Map by Ugra Media
- Added scene of Spitfires factories in Hampshire
- Added scene with flags and warehouses from machinery at Heathrow Airfield
- Added the port of Le Treport
- Added two fishing boats
- Added fishing boat routes
- Added underground tunnels in Paris
- Added new tram routes in London
- Added wooden piers
- Improved radar tower scenes in England and France
- Improved port scenes for Portsmouth, Dunkirk, London
- Improved traffic of trains and cars
- Added earthworks at English airfields Kenley, Ford, Chailey, Needs Oar Point, West Malling, Gravesend
- Improved scenes of Orly, Saint-Andre-de-lEure, Amiens-Glisy, Carpiquet, Gravesend, Kenley airfields
- Improved tent and sandbag shelter scenes at Ford, Chailey, Gravesend, Kenley airfields
- Part of metal car bridges replaced by stone ones
- Improved range of visibility settings for city objects
- Improved life settings for objects
- Improved lighting of objects
- Destruction models are optimised
- Added steps on Tower Bridge, Mirabeau Bridge, Alexander III Bridge
- Fixed errors in the Chailey, Farnborough, Ford, Kenley, Beny-sur-Mer, Bazenville, Deux Jumeaux airfield scenes
- Fixed errors in taxiways and car parks at Chailey, Farnborough, Ford, Kenley, Lymington, Orly, Villacoublay, Saint-Andre-de-lEure, Creil, Cormeilles-en-Vexin, Carpiquet, Sainte-Laurent-sur-Mer
- Terrain errors on the French coast have been fixed
- Levelled terrain in the ports of Portsmouth, Dunkirk, London, Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Fixed errors in land textures near the Isle of Wight and on the coast of the landing zone
- Corrected collisions in Louvre Museum arches, military school in Paris, Luxembourg Palace, Tower, Victoria Station, Liverpool Street Station, Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace
- Fixed errors at Cumberland and Newhaven Forts
- Fixed the hands on the clocks at Victoria Station, Big Ben and model churches
- Increased texture resolution for minimum settings
- Improved cliffs on the coast of France
- Added large size flags
The Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign by Baltic Dragon:
General. Fixing typos, updates to briefings etc.
- Mission 01. Fixes to coordinates in subtitles. Removed unnecessary files from the mission.
- Mission 04. Added missing line for Pontiac. Updated on-screen messages so that player won't loose some of the comms.
- Mission 05. Removed duplicate briefing images. Updated flight plan (removed wrong WP1).
- Mission 06. Updated wrong kneeboard card with frequencies.
- Mission 07. Updated kneeboard and briefing images.
- Mission 09. Updated briefing images. Fixed issue with Overlord AI overstepping custom comms.
- Mission 11. Updated Player Group ID. Balancing of the difficulty for the infantry attack near the mosque.
- Mission 12. Fixed wrong VO for Lotus. Fixed overlapping comms for Raider.
- Mission 13. Fixed issue with missing debriefing. Minor typos fixed.
- Mission 15. Changed frequencies for some assets, so it is easier to manage the radios now.
- Mission 20. Updated mission date. Made some friendly units invisible so that they are not engaged by Russian SAMs.
DCS: F/A-18C Flaming Sunrise Campaign by Sandman Simulations
- Documentation – typos fixed
- All missions – typos fixed
- All missions – planning charts included in in-game kneeboard
- All missions – sidenumbers changed to be more realistic
DCS: F/A-18C Raven One: Dominant Fury Campaign by Baltic Dragon
- Horizontal Update. Updated and fixed skins for the campaign
- Mission 01. Fixed problem with AI flights not taking off and carrier turning constantly
- Mission 08. Fixed issue with Red orbiting around the carrier after takeoff
- Mission 12. Added safeguard for AI engaging the SAM sites
DCS: F/A-18C Inherent Resolve Campaign by Looking Glass
- Adjusted ALL mission start/wait times - users can start aircraft quickestart mission quicker
- Mission 5 - Barrel bombs - improved gameplay, added audio for fox calls player and wingman, improved AI, landings, sequencing
- Mission 11 - Chemical Alley - added immortal mode, improved gameplay, Enemy defences reduced, AAA FX improved, timings for tanker fixed
- Other bugs/errors corrected
- Mission End on mission fails has now been removed for ALL missions
submitted by bakert12
to hoggit [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 16:31 thebrushup From the Bay Area to the Biggest Little City
| || | submitted by thebrushup to ourtownreno [link] [comments]
Our Citizen's Forum has a UNR student comparing living in the Bay Area to being in the Biggest Little City:
POV. You just moved here from the Bay, and you have no idea of what to expect from Reno.
If you’re like me, you would be completely culture shocked for a while. However, as someone who has lived here for about six years now, I am here to say that it eventually grows on you.
Once you get over the initial dread of the fact that this is NOT the Bay Area in the slightest, you begin to enjoy and love Reno for what it actually is; The Biggest Little City.
Growing up in Oakland, I have always been surrounded by metropolitan areas. There are so many surrounding cities that make up the Bay, and because everything is relatively close, you are able to discover a new spot in the Bay almost every single day.
This factor alone made me have a bit of trouble grasping the concept of Reno. I will admit however it is cool and reassuring to know that you can’t really get lost out here simply because of how McCarran boulevard is structured.
Coming from the Bay or anywhere in California to Reno is a bit of an adjustment, however you learn to enjoy what is here.
For one, you have to at least try to explore the beautiful nature. Take a hike! Or walk along the Truckee river to truly take in the beauty that this place has to offer. I still have to go up to ski, but that should also be an activity on your radar. We don’t have snow-capped mountains in the Bay, so take advantage of what is here at least once in your Reno stay.
If you are here during the summer, try to check out the Rib cookoff. When I say delicious, I mean DELICIOUS.
If ribs are not your thing, try to also check out Food Truck Fridays. They have loads of different food options. You can bring a picnic blanket and take a seat on the grass while enjoying food and warm weather.
If you are trying to find a community, try searching local Instagram, Facebook or Tik Tok pages to see if there are others out there with the same hobbies/ interests.
Since this is Reno, it is very likely that there is a small group out there somewhere that shares the same hobbies as you. For me, I joined different organizations that were involved in community activism, arts and culture, and from there, I was able to find people who were passionate about the same things that I was.
If there are no visible communities with your interests, you can also start one yourself! There are so many niched Reno organizations that have started by posting and reaching out on Instagram. If it is not represented yet, step into that leadership role! It may be intimidating, but who knows, there could be someone out there looking for the exact form of community that you can provide.
Honestly Reno is different, and it is indeed a little weird, but overall, it has been a place of growth for my friends and I.
We have all been pushed out of our comfort zones just by living here, but we have grown into a tighter community of individuals because of it, and I think that is truly the beauty of Reno.
Citizen’s Forum contribution by Arianna Pride https://preview.redd.it/hwytadvh1t4b1.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=364991c17cf323404fc3f8c6ea6a035ef84f4955
2023.06.08 14:44 kittehgoesmeow What A Day: Blame Canada by Nick Turner & Crooked Media (06/07/23)
"I don't think going down is a bad thing." - Kevin McCarthy, daring us all to keep our minds out of the gutter
Puttin' Oot Fires WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Ok, so fire is making it suck to live on the west coast, the east coast, and the North Coast.
- New Yorkers are choking, and it’s not just because they overheard someone compliment L.A. pizza. Smoke from Canadian wildfires is also to blame. Fires north of the border have been raging for weeks. Roughly 150 fires have burned in Quebec alone. But a recent storm system forced the smoke south into the United States, and then east, toward some of the country’s most densely populated areas. A lot of the fires were started by lightning, exacerbated by above-normal temperatures and unusually dry conditions.
- Yes, I understand what is happening, but how does it affect ME??? Well, exposure to the small particles found in the smoke can irritate your eyes, throat, nose, and lungs, causing you to cough and sneeze, or feel short of breath. It can also trigger asthma attacks. Much like COVID-19, these conditions will hit the very young, the old, and the immunocompromised hardest. If you’re worried about your summer travel plans, the FAA has assured us that flight delays will not be caused by Canadian wildfires, just normal ineptitude.
- But the long and short of it is that this is unprecedented in recent decades and the air quality in certain areas of the U.S. is off the charts. New York faces its worst air quality ever. On Wednesday it trailed only New Delhi India for worst in the world. Detroit is also in the top five now. USA! USA! But the smoke is still on the move and the thickest patches are moving south and will soon envelop Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC. Sorry, California, the East Coast now has better wildfire pollution. Will the battle between the coasts ever end?
WHAT DO I DO NOW? Do not tell me to go live at the southern border, because Q says “a storm is coming” there too. We always thought that when the shit went down we could escape to Canada but now Canada is the problem.
We may be learning what the billionaires have known for years—we gotta go to space, y’all.
Look No Further Than Crooked Media Exciting news!
Crooked’s go-to legal podcast, Strict Scrutiny
, will be recording live at Howard University and you can now join via LIVESTREAM on June 9 at 1 PM Eastern. Join hosts Leah Litman, Kate Shaw, and Melissa Murray with President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Janai Nelson, and Crooked’s own Shaniqua McClendon as they provide in-depth, accessible, and irreverent analysis of the Supreme Court and its cases, culture, and personalities. Get your livestream tickets today at the link below—And get a 25 percent discount if you’re a Friend of The Pod subscriber
Under The Radar Federal prosecutors made the mistake of feeding the grand jury investigating disgraced former president Donald Trump past midnight, and now we have two Trump grand juries to contend with. Multiple witnesses have been subpoenaed to testify before a recently empaneled grand jury in Florida, which is also investigating Trump’s theft of national-security materials and obstruction of justice
. Trump aide Taylor Budowich testified in Miami on Wednesday. The Justice Department’s counterintelligence chief Jay Bratt reportedly conducted some of the questioning, suggesting Espionage Act charges may be coming. The law states that a grand jury must convene where the crime took place.
In the document-theft case, that’s…everywhere? In addition to the troubles at Mar-a-Lago, and the troubles he had at the White House, Trump might have disclosed sensitive materials at his Bedminster, NJ, golf club as well. Will there be a third grand-jury investigation soon? Say what you will about Trump, but his grand juries are some of the most beautiful and the most plentiful in all of history. He truly does it better than anyone.
What Else? CNN’s CEO is OUT for being OOT (out of touch, in this instance). The man who desperately wants you to think his wife is hot, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), is facing possible criminal charges in Texas over his illegal migrant flights.
He possibly faces several counts of unlawful restraint, both misdemeanors and felonies. Perhaps the worst thing about airline travel, sometimes they just send you to Russia. And they don’t let you leave your hotel or use your credit card while you’re there. Jay Johnston of Bob’s Burgers and Mr. Show was charged for his role in the insurrection.
Perhaps a freedom ban to go with his Bob’s Burger ban? Pope Francis undergoes surgery for being 86.
The surgery was successful and the Pope is back to his usual poor health. Hypersonic missiles are cool. Iran having them is not. Tucker Carlson is back! In a new, much worse place.
It’s not TV—It’s Twitter, and it's filmed in a fucking barn. Fox News isn't as amused as we are
. Another expose on how much money comics in Los Angeles make finally gets it right. They don’t make shit. A pilot program launched in the U.K. to give private practices the ability to inject weekly weight-loss shots such as Novo Nordisk's Wegovy. Bills Quarterback Josh Allen becomes playmate of the year and will grace the cover of Madden ‘24—the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue of video games.
Look, you either get it or you don’t. Mike Pence enters the Presidential race to give Trump someone to humiliate, dominate, and attempt to murder. In another blow to journalism, the Los Angeles Times is laying off 13 percent of its newsroom positions. Oh, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. Scientists discover the first virgin birth in a female crocodile.
Be Smarter The Department of Defense is reportedly devising a program to test the safety of widely used medicines due to concerns about the quality of generic drugs.
The fear is that the FDA can no longer adequately police generics. Blame for the current drug shortages isn’t supply-chain issues, but quality issues. Pill production has shifted largely to India and China where the U.S. has little oversight, which is one cause for the drop in quality. In some cases, certain heart and diabetes drugs have been found to contain small amounts of chemicals that can cause cancer. Defense officials have been in talks with independent lab Valisure, which has been testing drugs for Kaiser Permanente for the last two years, to monitor quality. Kaiser will look for a different provider if the product fails its tests. The FDA has pushed back against companies like Valisure on the grounds that third-party testing labs aren’t beholden to the same protocols as drug manufacturers.
They also fear making the rules so stringent that they are forced to shut down more drug labs and exacerbate shortages. The labs in Asia aren’t making things easy, either. Before a recent inspection, workers at one lab were found to have shredded documents and poured acid on the bags that wouldn’t fit in the trash truck.
What A Sponsor This newsletter is sponsored by BetterHelp.
When you're at your best, you can do great things. But you can’t always be at the top of your game, and it’s normal to feel overwhelmed or like you aren’t showing up in the ways that you want to sometimes. Working with a therapist can help you get closer to the person you want to be. Because when you feel empowered, you can take on whatever life throws at you.
If you’re thinking of starting therapy, BetterHelp
is a great option. It’s convenient, affordable, and entirely online.
Just fill out a brief questionnaire to get matched with a licensed therapist based on your unique needs and preferences. Then you can start communicating with your therapist in whatever format works for you – via video, phone, or live chat sessions. If your first match isn’t the perfect fit, switch therapists any time at no additional charge.
Life is unpredictable, and it’s impossible to know what’s around the corner. Consistency has to come from within. Find your empowerment, so you’re ready for anything that comes your way. Visit BetterHelp.com/WAD to get ten percent off your first month.
Light At The End Of The Email Pandemic-led telehealth growth greatly increased the number of people who received mental-health assistance.
Not as helpful for those needing surgery. A boy who walked six miles to his middle-school graduation has received a college scholarship from the university where the ceremony was taking place. Switzerland will amend its sexual-violence laws to recognize that sex without consent is rape.
Previously, a victim would have had to attempt to fight off an attacker before it could be called rape.
alex on Twitter: "plotting revenge on canada"
submitted by kittehgoesmeow
to FriendsofthePod [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 13:54 Raasman My current DakBoard display
| || |
Using DakBoard to display status, calendar and weather information from my smart home. So far it seems to have good acceptance by the family and is regularly used primarily for weather info. submitted by Raasman to dakboard [link] [comments]
The Android tablet is running Fully Kiosk browser and uses the built in screen blanking capability to unblank the screen when someone is in the room.
All the pollution and pollen data comes from my Home Assistant server captured from either in house sensors or web based integrations. The weather map is from Windy.com. Some of the center screen real estate is used for transient notifications .. severe weather alerts, home emergency notifications, etc.
2023.06.08 06:49 DecutorR AMA dev team answers compilation
Compilation of all unedited questions and devs answers from DBD Dev Team AMA - June 07th 2023: Q: In the past, the team had stated that there would only be human/humanoid killers in the game. Obviously with the Stranger Things license, a killer really could not be humanoid, especially given the seasons released at the time. However, with the release of Dredge and now Singularity, we have now gotten a few original monstrous killers. What changed with the design philosophy of DbD that allowed this to happen, and can we expect further creative visual designs like them in the future?
A: Well well, I'm not saying this is a lie, but the fact we said we would only do humanoid was not a design philosophy but more because of technical/scope limitations at that time. If you've been with us for a while, you probably remember us saying we'd put Christine (the car) and Cujo (the dog) in DBD if we could. Every worthy bloodthirsty creature has a space in the world of The Entity!
So what allowed us to do so? We levelled up! The team is bigger, more experienced all thanks to the growth of the community of course! Characters with different structures are definitely going to happen again as we continue to explore more possibilities in DBD.
Q: Whatever happened to the promised Twins rework? It was talked about to be the next killer update after Legion/Ghostface though we haven’t heard anything about it and afaik Twins are still plagued by many bugs as well.
A: Due to limited space in each release and the unexpected complexity of the update needed for the Twins, the update has been delayed a LOT longer than we wanted. :D However, it's been designed and we are working on releasing something in early 2024.
Q: Hi! Glad you guys came by to answer questions. My question in particular is about map design. I primarily play killer, and sometimes it feels like the outcome of a game is decided before it even starts depending on what map I end up on. Either when chosen via offerings or by RNG.
When designing maps, what, if anything, is done with structure and layout to make maps fair for both sides?
A: The intention when we create maps is not to favor one side more than another.
This is why we currently want to rebalance the maps. We are using data collected and feedback we get from the Community. We have started in the last year to rebalance the maps and we are going to continue and be active when it comes to maps that already exist and same with newly released maps. We want to bring the best experience for everyone to enjoy.
Example: the Raccoon City Police Station , split, the update in the Junkyard and soon Farm maps.
Q: What was the real reason you removed Maurice initially? 🤔 I know it’s a pretty unserious question but I’ve always been curious.
A: Honestly, when Peanits saw The Dredge's lobby animation with the suspiciously familiar-looking horse head flopping out, he jumped on the opportunity.
He posted that animation on our social channels with a caption that read "MAURICE NOOO" and the community's reaction was immediately huge. So much so that we decided to to push the joke all the way, removing Maurice from the game. And the rest, as you know, is history.
Q: What is it about the new survivor, Gabriel Soma, that makes him stand out from his fellow survivor cast?
A: Gabriel is purposefully designed so that most of us can relate to him, even though he lives in a time period that is very otherwordly to us.
The hardship he faced (even before going in The Realms of The Entity), his resolve and resourcefulness make him a fun character to play. Gabriel is also our first survivor from a possible future, making his wardrobe quite unique and pretty cool if you are into sci-fi pants and space shirts.
His story is not over, there are more unrevealed truths about Gabriel. And he's very good looking: Shirtless Gabriel when?
Q: How long, from concept to release, does it take to design a full killer? Not including perks, survivor, or map, but just the killer and their power?
A: It fluctuates (depending on the weather!) but in general about 11-12 months overall from start to finish.
Q: Thanks so much for doing this AMA, and happy anniversary!
Out of curiosity, were there any other concepts that the team was considering as powers for the Singularity before deciding on biopods, or was this what they set their sights on right away when brainstorming?
A: The Pods were in the concept from the beginning.
Originally, the Killer had two mechanics it could use: One involved shooting the Pods to teleport to Survivors and the other one allowed it to shoot Survivors to teleport them to its location.
Ultimately, it was deemed exceedingly disorienting on the Survivor side so we removed it and brought back more opportunities for the killer to Teleport later in the creation process.
Q: Are there any plans to rework or change freddy in any way?
A: I can't give you any super-secret details but I can tell you that he's on our radar for killers to update.
Q: Has there ever been any thoughts on adding alternative game modes or queues? Of course this would be a massive undertaking but I'm curious if it's ever been given any real thought. A ranked mode or mode with different rules like draft picking perks or anything honestly would be really cool to see.
A: It's an idea that has always been in the back of our minds. I can confirm this is something we are actively prototyping. We plan on starting small and doing game modes as limited time modes and building up from there. We are hopeful that we'll have more to share with you all later this year!
Q: With the seemingly new trend of original/licensed survivors getting lobby voice-lines, can we expect to see this implemented for previous survivors aswell? So survivors like Dwight, Meg, Claud, David etc.? And would this include the possibility of original survivors interacting with each other similar to the Resident Evil survivors and Renato/Thalita?
A: Never say never. DBD is a game in constant evolution and past content is still living and evolving with it :)
Q: Has it been considered to clean up some the more usless offerings on the bloodweb such as the ones that only slightly buff bloodpoints?
A: We are actually exploring the offerings and their system as a whole right now on the design team! I can't give you any hints about what might be changed or where we might end up yet, but we are exploring new effects and actively designing ways to make this system better overall. :)
Q: will mobile cosmetics be ported in anytime soon?
A: We will start porting some mobile cosmetics over, starting sometime in the next year.
The first batch will be small, with just 4 outfits (2 killer, 2 survivor). Also worth noting they won't be a 1:1 port. We will make some small colour and/or texture changes before being brought into Dead By Daylight.
Lastly, to manage expectations, there will be some mobile outfits that never get ported over.
Q: Is there a reason more survivor emotes haven’t been added yet? It feels like a no brainier since you could make a fortune from selling them and it’s not like it’d break immersion since this game is long past that point now (look at some survivor and even killer cosmetics)
I feel like even small things which could be sold like hand gestures and stuff would be such a nice addition with time however things like dances would be amazing, even better if killer could do them at some point
A: Survivor emotes was an idea we played with many years ago. We even got so far as to implement a few of them in a prototype build. Unfortunately, we found them to often either break immersion, or encourage negative gameplay behaviours. For that reason, we haven't revisited the idea for a number of years.
Never say never, but survivor emotes certainly won't be coming anytime in the near future.
Q: Was there anything noteworthy that stuck out to the team when designing The Singularity? I love his design and I would like to get to know more about how he was designed.
A: It was a weird concept and not an easy sell as a great power originally.
(it sound bland on paper)
Although while prototyping we managed to make the pods usable in chases and realised their versitility, that is when it started to shine.
We could see how much fun and potential there was in the concept.
Q: The mori for the Singularity is probably the most that a survivor has been actually maimed. It's brutal, disgusting, and I absolutely love it. However, it has been previously stated that moris have to avoid actually doing too much damage to a survivor's body for various reasons. Is this still within those limitations, or did something change that allows the team to make more brutal moris? And can we expect the possibility for some more of that brutality in the future?
A: We're glad you loved the mori, we do too, it was a blast to create! On the level of brutality and gore, there is one thing that we keep in mind except for the actual technical/scope feasibility of an idea. One of DBD's core pillars is that we want to be an horror that is accessible to all. This means many things for different facets of the game, but in this case it means that some brutal actions and level of gore may make the game inaccessible in some regions! We don't want that.
Q: Will there be any plans to have more diversity in body shapes of survivors? Would love to see some more plus size representation
A: Inclusivity and representation is very important to us. Body shapes and height is quite challenging at the moment due to technical limitations and gameplay components / metrics. Thank you for letting us know that this is important to you, every voice count.
Q: Are there any plans to make Custom Games easier to set up for tournaments and other events?
It's been years since the introduction of "Custom Matches" and we haven't really had any new settings since. Options to limit item & add-on rarities, options to enforce non-duplicated perks on all Survivors, better spectator controls, etc... Any of these things would REALLY help to make DBD events faster to set up and more viewer-friendly.
A: This is a topic that has recently made it onto our radar, and one we can clearly see the value in. The Custom Matches features has been left untouched for far too long. Unfortunately, it's still too early to give an ETA on when you could expect to start seeing some of these improvements in the game.
Q: What caused the sudden shift to add more clutter and obstructions into the new maps and reworks? In my experience it causes nothing more than frustration for both sides.
A: Hey great question! As clutter you might be referring to two different things, so I'll do my best to answer both meanings.
1- Clutter as in more objects making navigation more difficult. As our team grew during the graphical rework, a lot of details were added to make the maps richer. Lots of lessons were learned during those days (and we are still learning) on what elements and metrics makes it difficult for navigation. Our level design team is actively working with the environment artists to make sure each asset found in a map (colliders, vegetation, etc), especially when it comes to navigation, follows game metrics.
2-Finding objectives/visual clutter - As the graphic fidelity evolves in DBD so does our gameplay need to evolve in terms of visual elements, which have not always followed. We are looking into that one now. The idea is to have level of priorities in how easilly perceivable elements are on the screen. This pass will make gameplay elements POP compared to the details that are great, but less important to manage your objective.
From the level design perspective, we are in the process of addressing the clutter issue. the focus is clarity, readability and navigation. We had this issue with the Toba Landing in PTB and are addressing that in next week's release. We will revisit all maps and themes and make sure it makes sense for everyone.
Q: Regarding individual killer balance, will you start taking feedback from people who have spent countless hours playing them? If at least to see what they want out of their killer without being unbalanced.
A: Our external playtesting methods and processes involve a large variety of player types, all of which range widely in skill level & experience in the game.
Veteran players with many hours in DbD have super valuable feedback, especially when it comes to breaking our rules and exposing balance issues.
It's important to point out though that beginner, intermediate and casual players also have important contributions & insights to share that we need to also take into consideration and use to balance our designs.
Q: Thanks for doing this AMA.
In the recent public test build, you guys tested out a buff to Pyramid Head which gave him the ability to torment survivors hit by Punishment of the Damned. You guys understandably walked back this buff as it allowed for some unfun situations for survivors. In the following developer update, you revealed the reason for testing this change was that you were looking for additional ways to let Pyramid Head apply torment. This would lead me to believe that the balance team has been looking to buff certain elements of Pyramid Head's kit.
I also would be kicking myself later if I did not take this opportunity to mention his addons. Pyramid Head's addons, aside from the range addons, do not feel like they impact his gameplay much at all when compared to other killers. His iridescent addons, while unique, are too restrictive in their requirements to get much value out of them. If you're looking to do something to Pyramid Head, which is the impression I got from the recent PTB, it seems that the addons would have been the first thing considered.
So can we expect any more attention for The Executioner going forward, or are you happy with the spot he and his addons are in?
A: You are correct that we initially wanted to change Executioner because we believe he can be improved. :) That hasn't changed and we still want to release an update for him in the future. Your suggestion about looking to the add-ons is noted!
Q: Any updates on console to pc cross progression?
A: There's currently no further update unfortunately. We know it's something desired by the community as a whole but we cannot say if/when it will ever be able to be implemented, other than on the platforms we've already confirmed.
Q: What’s the meaning of life?
A: 69 - Mandy
420 - Andre
A great Monty Python movie. -Michael
s̵̘̀à̷̟̭̀̆̏t̶͎̀̾͛͝ǐ̴̘̗͇̜̝͘a̴͉͂̌̒̿͝t̶͍̺̻̾e̷̥̦̔̇̽ ̸̨͇̩̎͗̒͆͠h̵̲̘̫̹͉̀ŭ̵̺̽̎ṇ̴̈́g̵̦̞͆̀̆͊͛͜ȩ̵̤̽̚r̴̛̤͚̘̍̽͝ - Unknown?
Q: New unique items for survivors?
A: It just goes to show how brilliant minds think alike - we've been discussing this very recently! No concrete plans as we're still very early in the process, but we are talking about when and how we could put out some new items in the future. Plan on it (at some point)!
Q: As the game continues into its 7th year, I think the community deserves an official comment from the devs on the flagship killer, the Trapper. The character who is on most, if not all advertising, and is perhaps the most recognizable killer in all of Dead By Daylight’s original roster has been the worst killer in the entire game for years, by an increasingly significant margin. Unlike any other killer in the game his power requires full minutes of setup, can be easily countered by good communication, and depending on the map can just entirely cease to function due to no/sparse/thin grass. Most new maps released in recent memory have no grass whatsoever, and are so large that it can add an additional minute or two just retrieving your power, which again, no other killer has anything close to that level of setup time.
All of that to say that for the Trapper, things just seem to get exponentially worse with every update. Does the dev team have any plans on reworking or updating the Trapper, which in my opinion he desperately needs? Or will he stay the undisputed worst killer for years to come?
A: I hear you. It's been a topic of conversation across our teams, but at the moment we do not have significant gameplay updates planned for Trapper. Partly because our data shows that his kill rate is pretty much where we want it to be (on average, even at high MMRs) but also because he holds a very important role as one of the simplest and easiest killers in the game. He's great for onboarding new Killers and we don't want that to change too much.
That said, we do have a small but very fun update in the works for our terrifying flagship killer! Those of you who watched the Anniversary broadcast may have seen the segment about the Naughty Bear Legendary skin coming for Trapper (which will have its own unique Mori). This will ship later in the year, along with a killer update.
Q: Can you please hide survivor prestige levels until the end of the match? A lot of killers target and harass high prestige survivors
A: Harassment in game is a topic we are always looking for more ways to tackle, and this has been one of the ideas we've been discussing for some time. I'm going to use this question as an opportunity to re-ignite the topic and opened a new Jira request for it today.
Q: All I have to say is thank you making this game because without it, we would not have this unique community
A: Thank you for being a part of it! We feel really grateful to have such an engaged, creative, and supportive community of players.
Thank YOU, you are the Legends!
Q: In the past, the team has stated that maps take by far the most development time out of anything else in the game. How long does it usually take to make an original map such as Toba Landing/Dvarka Deepwood, from concept to completion? Also, how difficult is it to modify maps once they are in the game, such as adjusting the strength of loops, changing tile spawn logic, or even changing the size of the map?
A: To answer your first question: Depending on the style of the map, it can take up to 6 months to create.
When it comes to updating and modifying existing maps, we collect data non-stop and are always investigating player concerns. To use Toba Landing as an example, player feedback during the PTB helped us identify & implement certain adjustments on loops and map visibility that will be going to Live servers.
Q: For original chapters that take place around different nations (Chile, Japan, Brazil, among others), and even around different periods of time, what’s the process like for the research and implementation of different elements to properly represent that in the lore and even inside of their respective maps?
A: Inclusivity and diversity is always top of mind for us, with a focus on making sure the representation we have in the game is as accurate as possible.
We have multiple steps in our creation process that ensure due diligence in this regard: internal & external consultation with regional partners, extensive research, and immersion are some of them.
A recent example would be with Thalita & Renato characters' cosmetics, which were designed by our very own Brazilian artist!
Fun fact: She's the one who thought of including the Caramelo tattoo on Renato's arm :)
Q: Is there going to be an update where survivors can always recover from the dying state (like the one-off with Unbreakable)? Think I remember reading about that once. Cheers.
A: I can tell you're dying to know. (sound of crickets) Nevermind...
No, we are not planning on making that part of the base game.
If you are referring to the Finisher Mori, we tested that in the PTB but it was an early prototype test. There was a lot of feedback and we are still working on that feature, but again - we are not planning on putting Unbreakable in the survivor base kit.
Q: Can you tell us a bit about the process the team goes through when deciding to nerf/buff an addon?
It feels so frustrating seeing certain addons getting a nerf for being popular (e.g. Twins: Toy Sword, Nemesis: Marvins Blood, Hillbilly: Engravings) when other addons are so weak/situational they are rarely worth using.
A: This is a question that has been considered heavily within our design team in recent months. We are continually learning where our priorities need to be when it comes to live balance and our process is changing as a result. Recently we have shifted to an approach that rests on three foundations:
Data and Statistics
We watch for issues on all three of these fronts and prioritize from there. We are also cautious about vetting our changes with the community management team to get a read on how our updates will be received before release.
Some decisions (especially those based more on data or design intent) may not always be 100% clear for everyone, and that's okay. That said, we want to be attentive to the needs of our community and what will be most healthy for the game longterm.
Q: Admist the PTB testing there were a few concerns regarding Made for This, particularly in regards to its interaction with Hope allowing survivors to keep pace with 110% killers like hag during the endgame.
Is this something the team is aware of, and will they be continuing to monitor Made For This for balancing purposes when the chapter is live?
A: We are aware that Made for This has had quite an impact.
We're going to be watching out for feedback and data once the community has opportunity to test this.
We already have plans to address Made for This (like we had for Hyperfocus) if and when it becomes a problem.
Q: Will you ever expand the daily rituals to give 1 survivor and 1 killer daily each day? Also would weekly or monthly rituals ever be added for a bigger payout? Thanks.
A: Nothing concrete on the roadmap (get it?) but multiple ideas have been explored to improve the system.
Thank you for your suggestion! We're open to reading the community's ideas and feedback on the topic and will be considering them when discussing next steps.
Q: How does the Entity choose it's victims? Both survivors and killers.
A: Who knows!
Meatier alternative - No one knows how The Entity or why The Entity or even when The Entity? Maybe darkness in the life of the survivors and killers grab Its attention, or maybe its the other way around, maybe its the Entity's attention that makes their lives miserable. Or maybe its random! Who knows.
Spicy Alternative- The Entity works in mysterious ways.
Q: Will the black bubble after hooking someone be adressed soon? I like the effect, but in a ton of scenario's I cannot see if the killer is going towards me, even with the effect of kindred.
A: The intention of the bubble's design is to hide the Killer's exact position after a Survivor's been hooked.
However, it is an old design so maybe it's time for us to review if its use and appearance are still ideal.
Q: Will there be a shift away from relying on pure statistics and instead listening to experienced players more/qualitative feedback in general?
The statistics based approach for balancing has been a huge pain point the past 7 years.
A: While data is crucial in balancing in general, it is not a substitute for player or design feedback.
Our approach to balancing is a bit more complicated than this, and I can say it does not solely rest on game design.
Q: Is there any discussion regarding raising killer FOV (or a FOV slider) to help reduce motion sickness for those effected?
A: Short answer: Yes!
Long answer: we have a design that is in development and the release date is in our field of vision. You can expect to see something later this year or early next year.
Q: Are there any plans to update earlier licensed killers (Shape/Cannibal/Nightmare/Pig) with their own music tracks as has been a trend with other killers as of late? Given Ghost Face being licensed and receiving a unique chase theme last year, there's been confusion regarding this. Thank you!
A: We would love for all the killers to have this feature, nevertheless licensed content will sometime have limitation out of our control. We might get a track for all of them at some point, but no promise. Shape already as a unique music track! So enjoy that in the meantime!
Q: I think many people would agree with me in saying that HillBilly needs some addons adjusted. But also, why is the overheat mechanic still a thing? It's pretty much a "non-factor" and there are addons to increase the overheat limit anyway.
A: I feel you. Billy occupies a squishy (albeit violent) place in all of our hearts, and we've been working on him! An update has been designed for our Billy-boy (including addons). No specific date planned for implementing this just yet, but you can expect news from us sometime in the next year.
Sharpen your chainsaws.
Q: What's the process for figuring out general balancing and new perks as the game continues to add in new killers and survivors?
A: The process is naturally data-informed, but the major part lies with the design team, who is aware of what comes next, whether its perks, killers, or any other feature that will impact gameplay and balance.
In short, if a perk is both ubiquitous and powerful, it probably needs to be addressed in the near future.
Q: Do you think we can get outfits based on the later Halloween movies, or does the copy right prevent that from happening? I’ve been wanting an older Jamie Lloyd from Halloween 4 to get in as a legendary skin so bad, I made a petition about it and even asked the actress herself about it. Link to the petition and video
A: Thank you for your passion and dedication. Indeed, working on getting licenses can be a challenge!
Q: Question for the art/design team: in the lore for Hux and Gabriel, it mentions that Gabriel damages Hux pretty severely directly before they are taken into the Fog, with flesh melting off his frame. Is the look for The Singularity we see in game the result of that damage, or is that pre-facemelt? If it's the former, is there any chance we might see Hux's original, "perfect" design he had for himself as a skin? Or was the lore even fully complete while you all were working on his design?
A: Hux's look in the trials is post-melt incident! We wanted to make sure we offered a good level of body horror with this character. We might see its "prime" look later, but keep in mind that even this would be horrid, The SIngularity is using flesh in a very wrong way.
Q: Could you guys do something like a shirt related to Puppers in honour of him and what he brought to the DBD community?
A: Puppers' passing has been a huge loss for our whole community and has been deeply felt here on the team.
We have seen the discussions amongst players on how best to remember him and honor him, and we've been following it closely, and have been similarly discussing it within the team. While we have a strong desire to do something, it's simply too soon right now to say what we might be able to commit to.
Q: Deleted question.
A: Nothing concrete on the roadmap (get it?) but multiple ideas have been explored to improve the system. Thank you for your suggestion! We're open to reading the community's ideas and feedback on the topic and will be considering them when discussing next steps.
Q: Is it possible to get new moris for killers as a customization option? Not just tied to a skin.
A: Cries in Backlog
Q: Why has the map team not advanced substantially in the balance department in the past few years? The community has been clear in that the maps are unbalanced,yet it seems the dev team simultaneously understands the issue i.e Nerfing Eyrie yet released Red Forest 2.0
A: We began the work some time ago, but recently the speed at which we're able to push it forward has been greatly improved thanks to new hires & resources on our team. Now, we're able to tackle urgent day to day tasks while simultaneously making regular progress on live balance for existing maps.
Regarding the Eyrie of Crows, the intention of our balancing efforts there was to address how strongly Survivor-sided it was. We're still monitoring the results though (data and feedback) and we wont hesitate to go back for more tweaks if we feel that they're needed.
When it comes to Red Forest, we frankly just didn't have the ressources at the time for the scope of work required. Now that we do, I've scheduled an update for both Mother's Dwelling and Temple of Purgation that will hopefully address player concerns.
Q: Any plans on improving daily rituals? A permanent 60K BP instead of the 30K we're getting now and the ability to choose between survivor or killer rituals would be nice
A: Nothing concrete on the roadmap (get it?) but multiple ideas have been explored to improve the system.
Thank you for your suggestion! We're open to reading the community's ideas and feedback on the topic and will be considering them when discussing next steps.
Q: The Swamp realm had a unfinished map featuring a village structure, as well as the Bloodwillow tree from the artbook, possibly related to The Wraith back when he was still part of the Swamp Realm. Is there any plans in the future to bring this map as a playable one in Dead By Daylight, maybe with a visual upgrade of The Swamp?
A: The tree will eventually make its return to The Swamp.
However, at the moment, we're focusing our efforts on bringing visual & gameplay updates to existing maps. In The Swamp realm specifically, we're going to remove the generators in the corners of tiles, as well as some elevations that don't have a significant value add gameplay-wise.
Q: The Skull Merchant is a polarising character currently. Are you happy with how Skull Merchant turned out? Do you plan on any future revisions for her?
A: Skull Merchant has problems on live and we are very aware of that. We feel the killer is fun and interesting in general, but there are some unfortunate playstyles that make her kit frustrating to play against. 2 things to say here:
She is getting an update. We are currently trying to determine when that can go out - stay tuned. 2. Her most oppressive games tend toward the 3-gen strategy. This is problematic in our game as a whole, but especially against certain killers (Skull Merchant being the most egregious). We are currently working on a systematic solution to deal with 3-gen games, which will ALSO help with playing against the Skull Merchant.
Q: Will BHVR fix the visibility issues? My girlfriend is color blind and cant see most colors (no the color blind features don’t help her) so it’s a bit depressing for her to realize that she’s at a significant disadvantage when playing the game. Even for me its hard to see sometimes!
A: We are definitely ramping up our attention to accessibility in our game. It's unclear if/how we will adjust our support for colorblindness in the near future, but I can say we have a dedicated UX designer heading up our accessibility efforts and you can expect to see more accessibility-centered features coming out in the future.
Q: Are we going to have sales on characters by the iridescent shards in the anniversary
A: I'm not supposed to say, because it's a secret. But yes.
Q: The Shrine of Secrets is used as a way to make all perks accessible to players who do not want to spend additional money for the game other than the cost of the base game, but with over 200 perks in the game now, that system is not a reliable way to acquire specific perks. This leads to arguments that players who are willing to pay extra are given an advantage over others since meta perks can be locked behind that paywall.
What are your thoughts on replacing the Shrine of Secrets with a menu of teachable perks that can be purchased at-will for the same price they currently cost on the Shrine? What are reasons that a system like that would not work?
A: I can definitely say that the problems with the Shrine are no secret.
We are very aware that the system needs an update, however it remains on the backlog for now, which means its on our radar but not being actively worked on yet. We will hopefully get to it sooner rather than later.
Q: Are there ever plans to make totally new maps but with the same realm as old locations?
I’d love another map that uses the Snowy theme of Ormond.
A: That's absolutely something i would love to do.
We don't have any plans to do so yet, but i'd love to add maps on a few existing realms. Ormond for sure, Grave of Glenvale comes to mind as well.
Q: Are there any plans to unlink currently linked sets for original characters?
A: Short answer: No.
Long Answer: Original characters cosmetics are locked for technical reasons. Having them mix and match would cause bugs and a variety of clipping issues or gaps in their modesl at the waist or neck lines. Unfortunately, for these reasons, we have no plans to make them unlocked in the future.
Q: The amount of representation the game gets is great.
But when will we get Ace Visconti actually represent Argentina?
A: Hey, good point! We've had a lot of fun with Ace's personality and used it as the main driveinspiration for his outfits. Some Argentinian representation would be great!
submitted by DecutorR
to deadbydaylight [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 04:29 Aicranemachine Marine Equipment: Exploring Types and Their Diverse Uses
| || | submitted by Aicranemachine to u/Aicranemachine [link] [comments]
Marine equipment plays a vital role in the maritime industry, encompassing a wide range of tools and machinery designed to support various marine activities. From navigation to safety, communication to transportation, the right marine equipment is crucial for the smooth operation and efficiency of vessels and marine-related ventures. In this article, we will explore different types of marine equipment
and their diverse uses, highlighting their significance in the maritime world.
Navigation Equipment: Guiding the Way
Navigation equipment is essential for safe and accurate movement at sea. It includes tools such as GPS (Global Positioning System), compasses, radar systems, and electronic chart plotters. These devices provide precise information about a vessel's location, direction, and surroundings, ensuring efficient route planning and helping to avoid obstacles and hazardous areas. Navigation equipment is indispensable for commercial vessels, recreational boaters, and even search and rescue operations.
Communication Equipment: Connecting the Maritime World
Effective communication is crucial for smooth maritime operations, ensuring coordination and safety on board. Marine communication equipment includes VHF (Very High Frequency) radios, satellite phones, and emergency distress beacons. VHF radios enable ship-to-ship and ship-to-shore communication, allowing vessels to exchange important information and receive weather updates. Satellite phones provide reliable communication in remote areas where regular cellular networks may not be available. Emergency distress beacons, such as EPIRBs (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons), transmit distress signals to rescue authorities in case of emergencies.
Safety Equipment: Ensuring Onboard Security
Safety equipment is of paramount importance on any vessel, regardless of its size or purpose. It includes life jackets, life rafts, fire extinguishers, and emergency signaling devices. Life jackets are essential personal flotation devices that keep individuals afloat in case of accidental falls or emergencies. Life rafts provide a safe haven for occupants in the event of vessel abandonment or sinking. Fire extinguishers are crucial for combating onboard fires, while emergency signaling devices such as flares or distress flags help attract attention and alert nearby vessels or rescue authorities.
Propulsion Systems: Powering Vessels
Propulsion systems are the heart of any vessel, providing the power required for movement. They include engines, propellers, and related components. Marine propulsion systems can be categorized into various types, including diesel engines, gasoline engines, electric motors, and even wind or solar-powered systems for eco-friendly vessels. The choice of propulsion system depends on factors such as vessel size, intended use, and environmental considerations.
Anchoring and Mooring Equipment: Securing Vessels
Anchoring and mooring equipment are vital for keeping vessels stationary when needed. Anchors, chains, ropes, and windlasses are the primary components of this equipment. Anchors provide the necessary weight and grip to hold a vessel in place, while chains and ropes connect the anchor to the vessel. Windlasses, either manual or electric, assist in raising and lowering the anchor. Proper anchoring and mooring equipment
ensure stability during stops, preventing vessels from drifting or getting damaged in unfavorable conditions.
Deck Equipment: Facilitating Operations
Deck equipment refers to the tools and machinery used on a vessel's deck to facilitate various operations. This equipment includes winches, cranes, davits, and capstans. Winches are mechanical devices used for hauling or lifting heavy loads, while cranes and davits assist in lifting and lowering equipment, lifeboats, or other cargo. Capstans are used for winding ropes or cables. Deck equipment is essential for cargo handling, rescue operations, and general vessel maintenance.
Marine Electronics: Enhancing Efficiency
Marine electronics encompass a wide range of electronic devices used in the maritime industry. They include marine radars, echo sounders, sonar systems, fish finders, and autopilot systems. Marine radars provide information about nearby vessels, landmasses, and navigational hazards. Echo sounders and sonar systems help determine water depth and locate underwater objects or fish. Fish finders assist in locating and tracking fish populations. Autopilot systems help maintain vessel course and heading, reducing the workload on the crew. These electronic devices enhance safety, efficiency, and productivity in various marine applications.
In conclusion, marine equipment encompasses a diverse array of tools and machinery that are vital for the maritime industry. From navigation and communication equipment to safety gear, propulsion systems, anchoring and mooring equipment, deck machinery, and marine electronics, each type serves a specific purpose and contributes to the smooth and efficient operation of vessels and marine-related activities. Investing in high-quality marine equipment and regularly maintaining it is essential for safety, compliance with regulations, and the success of maritime ventures.
2023.06.08 01:45 jx_melon Anyone who is working in Texas please let me know how you survived in this summer weather.
2023.06.08 00:20 Partythyme00 Forecasting has been absolute trash this year.
Yesterday and today are the final straws. I got caught on Lower Hulls with not a single blip on the radar or any chance of showers showing when I set off yesterday afternoon. Today, the foothills are under a black front with the sound of Thunder in the distance. The highest percentage of precipitation I found between three sources? 18%. What the hell is up with this nonsense? Using Clime (NOAA) Apple Weather, Weather Chsnnel apps.
submitted by Partythyme00
to Boise [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:33 dataustinguy Weather forecasts in Eastern canada
2023.06.07 19:27 poopinion While I did enjoy Ted Lasso as a whole. It's nice to have a low stakes, generally uplifting, pleasant show. Season 3 was borderline bad. Let me vent for a minute.
Sorry to be a negative nancy but here it goes
- Man Ted's son on this show is a terrible actor. Granted most kids are but this kid is on another level bad.
- For making Nate's turn into a villain such a huge thing in season 2, even if it really made no sense as to why it happened, his redemption arc was so so fast almost completely off screen. He was really only an asshole for like 1.5 episodes then boom he was past that, for really no reason other than you could tell it just really wasn't in him to be a dick. Then boom, he bounces on Rupert at a party and next episode he's quit his dream job as a highly respected premier league manager and is back living at home and with Jade. They seriously thought it was logical to have such a gigantic plot turn for a "major" character happen off screen with little to no explanation as to what happened? What the fuck?
- Almost every important moment in season 3 happens off screen or is a blip on the radar but an immigration storyline and keeleys sex tape scandal get entire episodes? Jesus christ.
- Why the hell would Ted go back to america and his dumb son and ex wife, who he may or may not be getting back together with, not come out to England? So a 10 year old doesn't have to move? Guarantee a soccer loving son would much rather move to England and have a prem league coach as a father than live in butt fuck Kansas and play rec league soccer. I also heard Beard's explanation but its stupid and makes no sense.
- Ted not getting major soccer rules and customs after 3 seasons got old. Like he really didn't understand how the Champions League and relegation worked after 3 years?
- The whole Zava storyline turned out to be pretty pointless. I get what they were trying to do with his character but I dont think they executed it well at all. He turned out to be a pretty nice guy that didnt like to pass. He just made Jamie start to work hard because he was jealous. I don't see how he affected change in anyone else on the team.
- The therapist gets in a bike crash and then is just gone until the finale? Then is back as the Richmond therapist? Did she ever leave? Did she get rehired?
- Jamie's dad's redemption gets 15 seconds? That could have made an infinitely better episode than Sam or Keeleys episodes.
- The Van Damme Zorreux Mask of Zorro plotline was stupid stupid stupid
- Thank god Jamie and Danny were there to be bright spots
submitted by poopinion
to TedLasso [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 19:11 Chill-6_6- Smoky…
2023.06.07 18:52 IllinoisTeacher24722 Upcoming weather June 12-16
| || |
My family is going to Yosemite next week and the weather looks a little iffy. I haven’t seen a stretch like this over the last 6 weeks. submitted by IllinoisTeacher24722 to Yosemite [link] [comments]
This may sound dumb, but what is the weather variation like in the valley and is there some large storm hitting this area of california next week?
San Francisco and Sequoia (where we will also be) look pretty dry
2023.06.07 16:57 stupidsexycarver Richmond, VA 6/6 Review
Up on the Roof
David Makalaster *Southbound Pachyderm tease
Highball With the Devil
Cricket and the Genie (Movement I, The Delirium)
Cricket and the Genie (Movement II, Oratorio Di Cricket)
Pink Floyd's Animals
Buzzards of Green Hill *Tommy the Cat Monologue
David Makalaster II
Cosmic Highway (missing from setlist fm
) *Wynona Tease
A first trip to Brown's island in Richmond, VA turned out to be the right choice as I was stuck deciding whether to make the trek to Rva or Bmore later in the month. I leaned towards Browns after liking the outdoor on the river festival venue vs a fancy and more expensive Bmore show. I wanted to experience the Frogs in their natural habitat, outdoors down by the river. Walked in to the tour newcomers Adrian Belews Remain in Light group thumping the shit out of Thela and knew I had made it inside at just the right time. The Talking Heads tribute band that is comprised of former members Turkuaz played the shit out of Remain in Light from front to back.
With this being the first show with Adrian Belew in attendance I was calling for an aggressive Thela opener with Adrian or at least a sit in during the Frogs. Flashbacks to Bonnaroo 2004, the Lone Rhino set....I was sure this would happen, very sure, how could it not? Those hopes were dashed as Adrian drove by the crowd on his way out after their set. Guess they gotta hit the road too but hopefully there will be some sit ins iminent while they begin their run of this tour. Claypool was full of banter and did give a shout out to Adrian at one point and did mention how we had all just witnessed the greatest thing ever and that is Adrian Belew and now we have to listen to his bullshit.
Admittingly Claypool was hung over after partying in Nashville the night before, name dropping Jack White and Billy Strings. He dedicated Highball to his hang over. Shiner wasn't invited to the party and stayed in his hotel room by himself. Despite his tiredness throughout the day Claypool ended up being one of the more energetic forces onstage throughout the whole night, very animated, lostsa dancing, pig mask and discoball helmet.
The band was locked in this night and played a flawless rendition of Animals. A train literally drove by for a few minutes during the beginning of the set but they did NOT bust out Locomotive Breath. The rest of the set was vintage Claypool, nothing played past Purple Onion (besides the Delerium suite) and setlist was light on the Mackeral. An old school set with Roof opener, Cosmic closer with a D's Encore. A perfect festival type show just non stop hits. Highlights were getting closure with both Makalasters and Evil Les coming out strong throughout the night. The set after Animals was really stellar, super nasty funk and of course the Whamola just took things to the next level. I think even the band thought they were done near the end but Les just kept coming back out until 5 minutes from curfew.
No bust outs but they jammed the shit out of each of those songs with extendeddddd periods of improv. There were even a few unique jams and grooves that came out of the improv that venutred into Bastard Jazz. There were several HEAVY Primus teases throughout the night, full on Tommy the Cat monolouge at one point, southbound and Wynona were also played. No Drums section with Mike D, a few times in was just Paulo was playing by himself keeping the grooves coming steady.
Mike D, nuff said. He killed his solos and sounded great all night. It was my first time experiencing the massive kick drum of Paulo Baldi in person and it was glorious, he was the real MVP holding down the funk and powering those drums non stop. Claypool's solos were by the dozen, he was going off whenever he got the chance and having a great time onstage. His new bass sounds great.
It was a great weather on a beautiful night at the waterfront. They might be sold out of the Frog pins there were not any at this show. Walking back to my car I passed by a rentention pond filled with croaking frogs.
submitted by stupidsexycarver
to Primus [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 15:18 Ear_Enthusiast Tell us about Hawaii
Hi all. My six year old is home for the summer and we thought it would be a cool activity to learn about the 50 states. Rather than Google searches and travel guides, we want to know what the residents of each state have to say about where they live. Tell us about anything about your state that you think we might find interesting. Culture, people, history, geography, weather, geology, sports, fun things to do in your state, pop culture, personal experiences, and anything in between. Please feel free to post links and pics.
We're from Richmond, Virginia, and if you have any questions for us, we'd love to answer. Thanks for your time, y'all.
submitted by Ear_Enthusiast
to Hawaii [link] [comments]